or Connect

Posts by PhiPsi32

I had a little surprise waiting for me when I got home today.  Unfortunately I don't have time for a proper unboxing right now.  But I think this will be a good one.  
Same last. Different leather.  So the fit will not be quite the same.  Those PAs look fine as long as the fit is good.
^^^ They look good.
That's just for starters.  They're releasing pre-creased shoes in the spring.  No more break in period.
You can try tongue pads etc.  I don't recommend it.  Disappointing, I know.
There have been a few discussions here about the cap toe length.  I would suggest contacting AE   customerfeedback@allenedmonds.com   And letting them know your thoughts.  It's the only way to get it changed I think.  Be sure to mention that you decided to go with another vendor because of this issue.
My heel to toe length is a solid 11C (as fitted at the AE store).  But the 11C doesn't fit me; it's too tight.  I got my own Brannock device.  I measure an 11.5 B/C heel to ball.  The 11.5C is a little loose.  The 11.5B is a little tight.   I actually went with the Alden shell cap toe in 11.5B, on order from Alden NY.  Shell cordovan is generally a little looser than the calf version.  However I wear the Neumok (also #5 last) in 11.5B, and they fit great.   The advantage...
Ah, thank you for the clarification.  This potentially opens up new opportunities.
I hear you, I'm in between a B and a C.  Literally, right in the middle. 
True, but I didn't realize how easy it is to screw up shoe sizing.