or Connect

Posts by PhiPsi32

Thank you.  The web photos are really bad.  It's ridiculous. 
The AE website photos are horrible.  I emailed customer feedback regarding this issue.  customerfeedback@allenedmonds.com   If you feel the same way, please email AE and tell them to you want to see better photos on the website.  
No, not TTS (which would be 11.5B).  Again, 11C seems like it would be the optimal size.  No charge for the re-lasting, but I presume that this a one shot deal.
Re-lasting update.  My loafers came in.  They look great.  The fit is OK.  Just a little loose, but wearable.  I had a choice between a "D" and a "B" width.  I went with the "D".  A "C" would be just right I think.  Keep an eye out.  They should be easy to spot at the airport.
These are still my favorite boots.  Very nice, sir. 
UPS and FedEx will add a broker fee (for handling the paperwork) even when there is no duty owed on the imported goods.  Whenever possible, I have the goods shipped by the postal service (Royal Mail etc.).  The US Postal Service handles the delivery on our side, and they have never charged me a broker fee only the actual duties owed. Hope this helps.  
I use boot trees on my Truebalance boots, split toe tree for the Modified last shoes/boots, and full toe trees for the remaining.
Can't comment on durability.  I tried on a few pairs at the AE store.  The fit was a bit sloppy.  I couldn't get the size dialed in.  I went with the Alden 1494 instead.
At the risk of being repetitive, I suggest reviewing the Brannock fitting instructions here.   http://brannock.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/brannock/instructions.html   And don't be shy, ask the SA what he is measuring and ask for a comparison between the heel-to-toe and heel-to-ball measurements.  It may save you some trouble.
Depends on what you mean by "good".