or Connect

Posts by PhiPsi32

Are you sure it's separating?  It looks like an uneven cut.  
It's a photo from the Viberg blog.  That's a natural CXL service boot with Christy sole.  Not sure about the toe.
The five last can be challenging. I had quite a bit of trouble at first. But one I got it down its been a great last.
  My order was relatively quick.  It depends on whether or not the leather is available, and I keep hearing that shell cordovan is in short supply.  
     I wouldn't exclude the combo based on the balmoral styling alone.  And I avoid absolutes.   The setup may be difficult to pull off but I wouldn't dismiss it entirely.  
  I'm not sure about "great", but with the right jeans and a jacket and tie you can pull it off.
Try the 10s again.  But you just might want to try the "E" width if available.  Otherwise, I might abandon the #2 last.  It's difficult to get a good fit.  I'm one of many that have walked away from the 2 last.      
      I would generally agree with the above.  The #2 last is exceptionally narrow.  I never did find a size that worked for me.  What part of your toe does the crease dig in to?
      I also dislike the fact that Alden won't take shell cordovan on the Modified last for Moulded (except for the occasional black shell makeup).  But I keep buying Alden shoes.  It's frustrating.