or Connect

Posts by Champy

Today was my final tryout and here are the fixed pants. What remains is the shoulder padding to be shortened/ brought in and the jacket collar to be constructed as well as to add buttons to the sleeves and to the front of the jacket. There was a comment that the pockets are patched and I just want to imply that they are neither patched nor false pockets. So what do you think?      
Hi John,   Well I know that navy suits can be worn with black, camel, tan or oxblood-colored footwear so I decided with this color once I tried the shoes. I mean it's not terribly looking with the black shoes but I like it more this way, maybe because I am still inexperienced but I have already decided and I think it's pretty sure I'll wear these :) Thank you for the good wishes!  
The shoulders need to be brought in and the pants will be shortened and a bit tightened. The pockets are not patched, you are mistaken :) The shirt will be changed of course and I am planning an all white, a rather formal shirt. As for the shoes, I am not planning on changing them since I got this look from the photo in the first post of the thread and I like it very much. I actually tried the suit with black shoes and I was not fond of the look. Thank you for the...
So I just wanted to show you what the suit looks like till now, it still has some work but I think it's pretty much coming to an end. Here are some photos and I will be sure to post new ones ones the suit is fully finished.
The jacket length will remain the same. Yes, the shoulder will definitely be brought in and they are not in the so to say final stage. I will post more photos of the shoulders, sleeves and the overall jacket when it fully done for you all to check it out and tell me what you think. As for the trousers, I am not sure I fully understand you but the tailor did mention there will be some alterations to them.
 I actually wanted to shorten the jacket for 1 cm.. The shoulders are to be fitted, the fillings need to be so to say fixed/ cut. I have problematic legs, my quads are enormous and this last month I am even skipping leg days in the gym but.. I want to tighten them a bit starting from below the behind to the knees. As I said, the shoulders are to be fitted. I have one more tryout and then everything will be done. I am not sure what they are called but I have fillings in...
This is my first tailored suit. What do you think? There is obviously still some work to be done like shortening and fitting the pants a bit more, I think they are wider/ baggier than they should be. The collar on the jacket is to be made as well as some adjustments to the shoulders.
I was thinking a lavander or chamapagne but I changed my mind and will stick to a solid and clean white. Thank you though :) This will most certainly not be a black tie like event :) Most people will be in jeans and a jacket or in a suit that's in the middle of formal and casual so I think I will survive in this suit. I am having it tailored and the materials will be delivered tomorrow so I am very excited to have my first tailored suit and that's why I am seeking advice...
I thought about it and yes, I think the shirt must be white. I wanted to add a bit of color with the pocket square, maybe something like plaid but after reading a lot of threads here, I am kind of changing my mind. I am not against a tuxedo for the prom but since this is not a classic movie-like prom I think I will be better of with something slightly more casual. We are having a dinner in a restaurant then we all go to a night club so I am not sure if I will fit in with...
  What shirt other than this can be worn with this suit color? I plan on finding shoes with this color, a tanned leather but I think they will be brogues. Also, a recommendation of a tie/ bowtie would be much appreciated and please do tell if you think I should wear one or not. I want to wear a hank as well so please do throw in some suggestions. I am thinking a belt with the color as close as possible to the shoes? In case you are wondering where I plan to wear...