or Connect

Posts by Mike C.

I'm looking for ideas... it's the first of our group of friends to go. He's only 24.
The worst is... "You still workin' on that..." Umm yea...
Quote: Originally Posted by howbah The trouble is, Thom Browne suits apparently become more wearable the more they depart from Mr Browne's paradigm. I would suggest that that is not a good thing to say of a designer. Thom Browne fans: if you want to champion the guy, wear the clothes that most accurately reflect his vision. To compromise, in this instance, is to admit defeat. I've heard TB say himself that just because *he* wears his...
Cucinelli makes a nice vest... but, it will run you around the same.
Quote: Originally Posted by SilverSurfer I was shocked to read this, as they are almost universally condemned in New York, especially in the Wall Street and professional setting. In the past five years at my firm, for example, ... they both stopped after a lot of ribbing from the rest of the lawyers. Umm dude... not everyone works at a law firm or bank. I don't think I speak for myself when I say the person who I would least take...
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn it's definately no placebo...it actually works if you don't get enough b12 in your diet, which chances are, you don't. also it is injected into a muscle. Yes, but what are the benefits? Does it give you more energy, and for how long?
The guy who runs metaphilm is my old college professor who taught creative writing; he is absolutely brilliant. We analyzed films the entire semester and needless to say, with his direction, I've never watched a film the same way since. Check out his interpretation of the Matrix: http://metaphilm.com/philms/matrix1.html
What does the injection do? Give you more energy? I've been taking B12 tablets, but I don't feel anything...
Quote: Originally Posted by darkoak I have this in both black and dark brown. They are nice but a bit too thin, at only 1". I think 1.25" would be ideal. The buckle comes separately and is priced at $125. An OK value with the 30% off, but not great (mostly because of the thinness issue). 1" is trad.
Quote: Originally Posted by gusgusterson In my experience as a gallerist, minimal/durable Prada and APC are my "art world Gap". Spot on... I'd add Jil Sander to that list. Pick up three suits there and you're good to go. Prada and Jil are conservative, yet cool; perfect in the enviorment you'll be in. Trust me the last place you want to shop is Brooks Brothers or some other natural shoulder shop. If you do go the Polo route, get either...