Posts by fknandrew

I was actually looking for a single breasted one, but the color I wanted-camel was only available in a DB variety. As I plan to use it on casual and business days, and also on days when it is not that cold, I was wondering what the verdict is on unbottoned DB ovecoats. I see a lot of posts saying DB jackets should always be buttoned but what about over coats? I see some photos where unbuttoned they look nice but is this the exception or the rule?
Can anyone guide to good leather gloves with phone touch panel functionality? Chester Jeffries has them, but one side of your glove will have to be black.  Any others?
For good measure here it is in olive (now I am confused which I prefer)
Thanks for the reply.  Here is another photo from a blog with different lighting.  It appears less dark blue here.  Would your opinion on color versatility remain?   Also, as to length, is it long enough to remain classic?  
I was actually in the market for a pea coat but came across this "short trench coat" from Mackintosh: http://rootweb.jp/products/item6762/brand=32   My questions are: 1. I am not really into the trenchcoat look, but can I pull this away like a pea coat if I remove the belt strap?  Based on this design are there any fundamental pea coat feature that this does not conform to? 2. This is colored "ink blue".  As this will be quite an investment, is this a safe color?...
So low a profile that they don't reply to emails!:)
I wouldn't say ebay, due to the incredible security they do on sellers.  There are no casual sellers in Rakuten, only actual businesses, so it is pretty much safe.  They have an english site that is worth it if you don't mind going through some initial pains.
Thanks for the reply. I thought of that too. Just wanted something lighter in color. Was hoping they had that in light blue.
Do you think I can get away with this RIng  Jacket er..Jacket for a garden wedding where the ladies will wear cocktail dress?  This is 100% wool, but no lining.  Wedding is in a tropical country, garden outdoors.  If so, should I also go for the white pants in the photo.  I was planning on wearing a white shirt but obviously that isn't an option if I am wearing the white pants.  So to summarize: 1. Is this  jacket passable for a ambiguously, not really formal outdoor...
I will be in Japan for just 2 weeks, and I was thinking if they had stores that accept online orders where you send measurements, that way when you get there it will just be the fitting?  Do they have the equivalent of Thick as Thieves, for example?