or Connect

Posts by Savile Row

Measuring yourself and then applying that metric to a shirt or jacket size can be a bit precarious. For example, I am a 42' chest, but I wear a 39R suit jacket and 16'-32' shirt (I do prefer a trim/fit cut). I rarely find that what I measure on myself applies directly to a shirt or pant size at a retailer, even when I follow Henry Huntsman's online example of how to measure yourself... ;o)   If not in the mood or economic frame of mind to visit your local tailor,...
Granted, I am a bit late to the party, nonetheless... Texting is lazy and non-intimate.  The only exception is pillow talk, which is always non-vulgar and never pictures. I always call when initiating any plans or queries... the sound of her voice, the sound of my voice... that sort of thing.   Yes, it happens to all of us... she does not call back. In that case I do text a quick: "Everything okay?" If there is no response to that I move on.   The only...
No. Take the difference you save and double-down with it at the tables...   The airlines do it all the time... at least USAirways does... I may not have as many "miles" as George Clooney's character is Up In The Air, but I can remember several occasions when either my depart or arrival flight was cancelled and USAir booked me (or offered to book me) on another carrier... not a sister or affiliated airline, but a competetitor.  And, yes, I retained the full USAir...
I have never visited Hong Kong, but it is definitely on my bucket list. Are you just visiting your friend or are you also there on business? Having a buddy's place to crash in Hong Kong sounds pretty cool.   Thanks,
  The Orient was purchased in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia... and yes, it runs counter-clockwise.
  Manzanilla of the North.  Been waiting to try it myself.  Enjoy.
Then as a first step I suggest visiting a female stylist about your same age... not a "barber"... and asking for her advice and services.  She can convey what she likes.  She can also help you to "describe your haircut", so that you can relay the "style" to your established barber.    Again, style and preference do not exist in a vacuum.  We wear and do things in public to garner favorable attention.  Unfortunately... or fortunately... that requires trial and error. ...
You believe your hair doesn't look that great because you believe your hair doesn't look that great.  Not to get too Dr. Phil, but if you liked your hair the way it is now, and it garnished the attention and acceptance you require, you wouldn't be leaving a post.   Because its natural to try to look and feel better about ourselves.   Not to get too socio-philosophical, but personal style... (which really isn't that personal, and never born in a vacuum, since everyone in...
I ran 5 miles. Although, these days, its not so much how far I run since for the past 3 years it has always been the 5 mile circuit, but how fast I run it. I try to beat my age in minutes, which may get easier as I push into the mid-forties... Tschüß !