or Connect

Posts by CTBrummie

^This, along with endless MTO suggestions though...
 I'll say it again, but I don't think the Purdey cap toe derby boot I own compares badly to regular C&J offerings. To put it into perspective, I sold my Coniston boots, owned for many years, when I got the Purdey equivalent. Admittedly, one of the reasons for that is that the Purdey is a higher-topped boot, but I wouldn't have kept them if I felt they were in any way inferior to the C&J offerings. And, as I said before, I fail to see how a thinner Dainite sole on one model...
Of course, the Purdey boots could have been made to a higher spec than the regular C&J model...
Now that would be a good shout...
Cant the thread just be deleted?
 That was advice specifically from the makers of the zug leather used widely in those days, and even so I doubt very much that using any kind of dubbin (and I'm including LP etc in the same bracket) would have caused any harm at all. Unless this is deadstock leather from the long-bust Martin's then it may not even have the same hand to it - and judging by Farhad's post it might be a less rigid leather than that used back in the day. Most of you will have seen the old boots...
 Meh, I think the pronunciation of some French words might have changed a bit since Anglo-Norman times, too! 1066 and all that...
 Wear them without reservation and give them just basic care and they will look amazing in a few years' time. The actual product used for polishing doesn't really make that much of a difference, to be honest. This is why so many opinions come from so many people whose shoes and boots look decent.
 My local shop has the equipment to be able to do it in-house. It came up in conversation a few months ago. It's more than cream and polish, because that could just be lifted off the shoe or boot by using renovateur. Some kind of dye option, from the sounds of it..
I find their lasts to be more traditional than some of the more recent, sleeker lasts that have found fame since English boot makers have won more international renown.They're decent boots though, just perfect for a walk down to a nice pub on a snowy night just before Christmas