or Connect

Posts by CTBrummie

I'm sure your linguistic abilities will convince her of the error of her ways...
 Sorry, matey! When we've sorted a day for our sally into Northampton, fancy booking in a slot to pop into the EG factory shop as well as C&J?
Been slowly sorting out my boots prior to a possible downsize and given the EGs a little loving today. Didn't think anyone would mind my leaving a few pics here...of all of them, the almond CC ones have proved to be the ones I've got most mileage out of, and the shearling ones have taken the most beating since I've had them. Surprised at how much the walnut CC has faded in parts; the boots really are ageing nicely...          
I use Lexol, for what it's worth. I don't do shell though, so can only speak in terms of calf.
Nope...I thought they were bowling shoes at first. I'm a trainer man too, and I'll be sticking to the usual suspects in the gym and on the street...
Popped into the Colmore Row shop today for a cuppa and catch-up with the ladies and noticed these: C&J MTO resoleable trainers, apparently. Circa £600 and all colours available... I was having an Islay day, myself...
 One thing it can be fantastic for is when you want to do a quick restoration job on old shoes, although always test somewhere outta site first...acts very much like a super-strength neutral shoe cream in some ways...
I wouldn't class it as a conditioner, it's far too strong a product to routinely use on leather with any kind of manmade patina as it will act as a cleaning agent.It's even more pronounced an effect on some polished leathers, as in corrected ones, and can actually strip off the colour wholesale and with very little effort.There's been a few discussions on this in the shoe care thread and there are more informed voices there than me. But I know from my own experience that...
They've stood in worse...
Maybe, maybe not, but it's always dodgy making assumptions based on your own set of circumstances...