or Connect

Posts by CTBrummie

The 'moustache' shape first appeared, as far as I know, on the Lotus veldt derby shoes and not their boots - the original Lotus veldt boot was actually an apron toe derby boot and their later, classic veldt boot had a straight line instead of that moustache design.Lotus held the patent to the veldtschoen construction method for a long time, so any boot designs with that moustache feature are later players in the game and, I think, all from after the Second World War. Lotus...
I've waded through marshes in veldt boots and had no issue. The only caveat I'd have is that all modern veldt boots only have half-bellows tongues which limits the depth to which your feet can be submerged - water can seep around the sides of the tongue if it splashes around.Older models, such as Lotus or Tricker's veldts (back from when they actually made them) have full bellows tongues which make them much meaner beasts.Lotus used to advertise their boots as 'guaranteed...
I tried on one of the Kegler models currently stocked by Size? yesterday and wasn't too impressed with the quality of the leather. Maybe it was a bad pair...The ones you linked look interesting though...
They sold out within minutes, in most sizes...
adidas x Barbour TS Runners
 Agree that smooth is better - same as with denim, I'd rather any wear to be due to me and not in place before I buy the thing. I'd say the XL black quilted top was more on the small side of a large, if you follow me, whereas the XL red one is almost TTS but with more room in the body than I'd like but still undecided. I'd say it looks more like a Barbour top from a distance then adidas when up close. The TS Runners come up slightly large, even with chunky socks. They wear...
That crinkled look seems to happen to a lot of the models waxed with beeswax. Dunno if intentional or not, though. Not sure thornproof wax would be a good idea though. The red quilted trackie top is actually bigger than the same-sized black model, Decision time.
Some good pics of the kit here and here. Very modern British casual aesthetic. Tempted now by the Adiwick jacket...        
Ah, I don't wear black for several reasons and that is one of them.  I noticed on the End website that the chest measurement is the same for the L and XL quilted jacket, although there's a bt more shoulder on the XL. 22" pit to pit for an XL? I tried on my mate's black one and it looks great. As long as I stood still and didn't move my arms, hah. I'm a 45-46" chest though... Looks like it was the trainers which got proper snapped up and some are already on eBay now. £400...
Funnily enough, the boot appealed the least to me and the Columbia most! Midlands casual, more like Also got the TS which is pretty sturdy and weatherproof. Even has a half-bellows tongue which is a nice touch.And the red quilted jacket is en route, although a black one came today destined for my mate.Better pics at the weekend...