or Connect

Posts by BYucko

Hey guys, Management consulting has always been something that I've wanted to try out. I got a 6-week internship in a boutique consulting firm this summer. That means that June/July/August are free for me to do anything. What would you guys suggest that I do to beef myself up for full time recruiting? Learn a language? Make some cash? **I am heading into my senior yr in Sept
It gets bad with winter. I've tried many, many kinds of dandruff shampoos. Started rather predictably with Head and Shoulders, and had a stylist tell me that it ain't good because it's too harsh. Recommended me another shampoo...also with pyrithione zinc as the active ingredient. T-Gel, Selsun Blue, Herbal Essences Moisturizing ... Between those, only the first and last ones worked well for me, briefly. Now I put it to SF: any recommendations? Personal experiences?
Hi there, world of SF... I know a good bunch of you are lawyers. I'm doing a cost/benefit analysis for my little brother. He wants to get into H/Y/P Law (shoot for the stars, right?). I'm new to the world of law schools and I'm curious as to how much of a disadvantage it is for him to get his undergrad at a top Canadian institution (McGill/Toronto) versus an upper-tier American school (think Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke). As you may well know, an int'l student pays...
Messenger Bag or some other Murse Function: gum/mints, water bottle, chapstick (accutane), snack, sunglasses, wallet, phone, earbuds, business cards, book, documents, student card, bus pass, PlayBook/iPad2 Colour: Black/brown/tan Price Range: $200-400
quick reflexes (dodge/parry/block/see attacks) thick skin (hard to be cut) strong core (punch/kick power) strong musculature in general (Overeem --> Ubereem) flexible (ground game/headkicks) good cardio (obviously) bones/nerves conditioned (ie shins/knees/elbows to deal damage, forearms to block) body conditioned to take hits you don't make a "face" when you get hit/experience pain (poker face like you see in pro fighting) tendons are conditioned (take an armbar or kneebar...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kill the DJ There are about 1,413 full/total body workouts and I have no idea what to choose. I was hoping someone here knew of a good program or at least some guidelines. If you have questions about this type of program feel free to make this a general thread. Not looking to bulk at all, just lose about 5lbs of fat, tone, and not embarrass myself if someone needs help moving. I'm realistic about my goals and I'll...
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace Crazy. Wonder if it's true. What do you guys think about Edgar vs Maynard? I want to give the edge to Frankie but Maynard always goes in with a good game plan and grinds it out... It's quite true. Dana White has had to come out multiple times to say that Brock is under contract with the UFC and is NOT allowed to go to the next Wrestlemania. I have a bet on Maynard. *he beat Edgar last...
College student, want to get a Bay St. internship, need a new suit. Budget is around 500, but will consider everything sub-800. Stats: 5"8 135lbs and growing Thinking 1 or 2 buttons. Navy, black or gray. Emporio Armani from Yoox? http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?cod10=49115614 Or should I go to a MTM shop in Toronto? How much will it run me for a basic (but sleek) one? Thanks.
hey op, i too have mad social anxiety. it just so happens that i am this way. born and bred on the internet, i can type well and have fantastic online interactions, but when it comes to real life, i don't even know how to say hi to someone. but look at your situation this way. everything you do in your life was exactly what you wanted at that point. there's a thing us poker players have, which is that we are all process-oriented, not results-oriented. what that means is...
dealing with big projects: -break it down into smaller chunks i.e. a big essay is broken into brainstorming, identifying sources, outline, writing, editing -do a max 3-hour burst for each chunk with 50 min on / 10 min off working intervals (studies have shown that your attention span wanes after 50 minutes), but if you are in the "zone", just keep going! -repeat until each chunk is completed (spread out work over several days) -breaking each part off makes the...