or Connect

Posts by Ricardo Malocchio

Excellent, thanks!
Thanks very much! These are no-stretch 100% cotton 511s, so I'll be looking to size up. One size, you think? I'm going to hit an Urban Outfitters on the way home just to see if they have any of my possible sizes. Macy's got nada. Felt dirty just going into a Macy's. Hate Macy's. No Levis Store in town anymore. I never thought it'd be so hard to try to fit a pair of Levi's!
The new Levis (non selvedge) Japanese denim 511s have caught my eye. A darker, more rigid version of my beloved Cap-E Matchsticks is what I hope! But I've read several posts here suggesting that the 511s are much smaller in the waist than same-sized Levis in other styles, and I can't seem to find a pair of 511s to try on around here. I'm a 29 waist in the 514s (perfect fit) and also a 29 waist in Cap-E Matchsticks (just a tad looser than perfect). So, I'm hoping...
Quote: Originally Posted by jay3429 Not worth it (Premium Rigid Levis 511s), just get the regular rigid 514s. S'good enough. I love the 514s, and purchased a pair of those in Japanese selvedge back in March. Without question, my current favorite jeans, and I'd get another pair just to have if they were still available. Which is why the (non selvedge) Japanese denim 511s caught my eye. A darker, more rigid version of my beloved Cap-E...
...a pair of Premium Rigid Levi's 511s? http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...692028.3146907 Pricey at $98, yes. Too pricey? Probably. Japanese denim, but not selvedge - I know. But it's the fit that I wonder about. 29 waist on Levi's 514s fit me perfectly. 29 waist on Levi's Capital E Matchsticks are a tad loose, requiring a belt (perhaps also because the tightness around my thighs pulls the waist down as I walk). But this is the best sized Cap-E for...
With summer approaching, I was thrilled when my case of 1998 Lopez de Heredia Vina Tondonia Gran Reserva rosado arrived yesterday! Although the current release is the 2000 - and my last year's case was the 1997 - I was thrilled to find the 98 vintage at a local wine shop in Boston (the wonderful Wine Bottega in the North End) as this vintage received a higher rating from the Regulating Council than either of the others. If it even approaches the 97 and 00, I'll be truly...
Quote: Originally Posted by Girardian I have a couple half/full bottles from the same vintage. This thread has inspired me to open both side by side. I don't have much in this department, but I'll post my thoughts when I've done a comparison. Is that the same vintage, generally (that is, 2006 something-or-other), or the 2006 vintage Rafanelli cab? I ask only because I have several full-sized bottles of the 06 Raf-Cab, and I'd love to know...
Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar is the "no merlot" thing a bit of irony in the film meant to play with viewers, or is it more literal. That is, does Miles not want Merlot and "pretend" to not like Cab Franc exactly because his prized Cheval Blanc is made of Merlot and Cab Franc? Early in the movies he very clearly says "I like all varietals"... I don't think Miles is at all self-aware as to why these biases are surfacing so violently. We...
Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy seriously? pathetic loser dude steals from his mom to go on vacation? Yup. Some movies like to roll around a bit in the funk of real life, presenting its human subjects as flawed, even reprehensible creatures, but also with a generous, forgiving spirit that acknowledges the human condition. I think "Sideways" - and most of Alexander Payne's films, for that matter - are all these things. It's what lifts them...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire I like the Jancis Robbins series. It is interesting to see her interact with the wine makers in various parts of the world. The French highlighted certainly do not think much of US wines. One refused to even spit the wine inside his barn. Never heard of this one! Do you happent to recall the name of the series and whether it's available at Netflix?