or Connect

Posts by Ricardo Malocchio

Also, there's a night game at Fenway on Saturday and a day game on Sunday. If baseball means anything to you, it's worth a trip. Expensive? Yeah, it can be. But you can often get tickets - even this close to gametime - for less than $30/each if you sit in the centerfield bleacher seats. Doesn't sound that great, but it's actually one of my favorite places to be in Fenway. Yeah, of course, I'd prefer to sit over the home dugout or behind homeplate - a much better view of...
Quote: Originally Posted by GuP Had a quick question about parking. We decided on the Nine-Zero, which is at 90 tremont st. They charge 40/day for valet...is there parking on the street around the area so I don't have to dish out this cash? I checked google maps and it is around intersection with Park street. Will I be able to find parking on the street around here and also is it safe to leave my car there overnight? Thank you... First...
Also, do you have the "fourth buttons" for both sleeves? I see what they're going for, but the faux-button hole with the faux-unbuttoned bottom button strikes me as a bit too, well... faux.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Great write ups, VP. We all are really lucky to have the ability to purchase over the 'Net. Let's make enough noise this is not taken away from us. We in Mass are not so lucky (no change since court decision), and I urge each of you to call your congressmen and women! No, it's not as urgent or paramount as was healthcare reform or financial reform (or energy, environment, immigration, war, etc.). But...
Gomestar is the man to ask - I'm in Boston, after all - but one really nice wine bar (with commendable food) that's somewhat under the radar: Aroma Kitchen and Wine Bar. Great selection of Italians, and wonderfully laid-out/categorized wine list.
Inseam on pants is 30" unhemmed? Length of jacket? Thanks!
I may be attributing some effects to the long decant that are purely psychological. You know, confirmation bias and all that. I'll usually take only a quick sip of a newly opened btl before decanting... and then I'lll come back several hours later... ahhh the perfume! ahhh the smoother, rounder tannins! Maybe not so much. And there's quite alot to be said for allowing a wine to blossom in the glass, riding out that wonderful slow oxidation over the course of a long...
A wine bar in NY was serving 2002 Col d'Orcia by the glass (yes, the horrible vintage of '02)... and it was wonderful! Many secondary aromas already emerging and carried with plenty of lip-smacking juicy fruit, even for this thinner/lighter vintage. The 2004 is bound to be better, but young. If it was a riserva or some special single vineyard pressing, I'd wait. But I bet this'll drink pretty well after a significant decant. At least 3 hrs. The Barolo I'd wait on. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol fuck you I spose we're lucky that these little internet communities give people such as you an opportunity to exercise the ol' iron fist of oppressive brutality without any real consequences. I'd hate to think you held a position of any real authority.
Exhibit A: Rioja - R. López de Heredia. Go drink as much as you can. The blancos, the rosados, the tintos. You may have caught my post in the wine thread, but for summer I'd look first to the 1998 Vina Tondonia Gran Reserva Rosado. Then, the blancos. The 1990 Tondonia Reserva is marvelous. If you're still around, THEN try the tintos. While you're doing that, read the following by Asimov: A Rosé With a Past By ERIC...