or Connect

Posts by Ricardo Malocchio

Hmmm. So, no good?
Quote: Originally Posted by dagman1 I pulled the trigger and bought three shirts at 15.5 and 33. I don't have all my measurements so I took a gamble on it. I read a somewhere in here that the sleaves run about 1" long, so I'm hoping that the 33 will be long enough. I ordered shirts in the exact same size. Unfortunately for me, the sleeves are a bit too long and so I re-ordered 32s and will be returning the 33s. The thing is I only...
Back in March, I bought a pair of the "Premium Japanese Selvege" Levis 514s. It's my understanding that those were NOT raw, but gorgeous denim nonetheless. I love these jeans. Now I see that Levis is stocking these "raw, rigid selvege" 514s: http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...691994.3146870 I take it this is an entirely different denim than what I bought in March? Form the pictures, it looks different. Also, the smallest waist size is 30, instead of the 29s I got...
18.6%????? I don't disregard a wine simply due to high alcohol content. After all, I love my Rafanelli Zinfandels, and they're at least 14.5%. As you note, balance is key. But 18.6%? Maybe it's just that my tastes are decidedly NOT in the hot climate, ripened-to-a-fare-thee-well camp, but that's ... that's ... I'm at a total loss here. It's as though some sly jester set out to intentionally make a spoof wine. Corn squeezins' and grape juice. Please don't tell me it's...
I had Banfi's "Rosa Regale" sparkling brachetto sold to me once before as a "panty dropper". I actually like it fine with a nice rich slab of chocolate cake, but my wife found it a bit too simple for her palate. She dropped 'em anyway, so I was unable to get a refund.
Hot down there in Georgia? I'd go for some refreshing summery wines like Gruner Veltliner (only from Austria), Sauvignon or Chenin Blanc (preferably French, Loire Valley or Bordeaux), Riesling for something with a bit more residual sugar (Germany or Alsace). Very good deals can be found on Gruner and Chenin. And perhaps a refreshing rose, but there are so many insipid ones that I'd take a bit of care with that. My favorites, the decidely non insipid R. Lopez de...
Whoever said Philly cheesesteaks... right on. Especially traditional style with "American" cheese. A pathetic mess of a sandwich with ingredients that taste subpar or simply artificial. Yuck. I'll add clams. And I live in Boston. Raw? Can't measure up to even a second-rate oyster. Fried whole-belly? Sorry, but cladding clams in greasy breading and topping with gobs of tartar sauce do not make them any better. Chowder? Admittedly, bacon, celery, cream and potatoes do...
I think you need a committed buy-in from your wife to succeed. And if you do succeed in quitting without her, you're going to come to be really, really offended by the smell in your place. What before you barely noticed will now become an unbearable stench. It'll be on your wife, too. You may succeed in quitting smoking and then see your relationship fail. And you may want to put it to her in those terms. Be ready for the conversation. Tell her you don't want to be a...
I set a date certain along with my wife. It helps to have someone else quit with you. I put it a month out, and set out to make that date sacred. September 1. Almost 10 years ago. I used the nic patch for about a month and a half, mostly on the very small dosage one. The first 2-3 weeks were the worst. I haven't smoked since. I don't miss it all. In fact, there's not much that disgusts me more than cigarette smoke now. I can hardly understand how I did that for 15...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant ... wine just OK. Young, initially not all that balance with a fruitiness a little hard to put your finger on and a bit overbearing yet the whole flavor profile fast in your mouth. Got a little better after about 30 miuntes. Going back a few pages, let me briefly reiterate the virtues of the loooooooooonnnnnnnng decant. An unbalanced wine will never be more than just OK, but a taut hard tannic one...