or Connect

Posts by Ricardo Malocchio

Quote: Originally Posted by jabreal00 I've gotten 7 BB slim fit shirt over the course of spring and early summer. I got them on sale, 3 for $120. I am 5'10 160lbs. I wear 15.5 and 33L. I have had every single of those shirts taken in at the arm and sides. They aren't like the tents with the traditional fit. They look reasonable off the rack but tailoring them differentiates me from the drone office worker. Unfortunately not available in...
Since Chinatown is mentioned... Mei Sum Bakery for bahn mi (and I've tried them all, though new places keep opening!) Xinh Xinh for pho Best Little Restaurant for roasted squab, garlicky ribs, squid in XO sauce Winsor Dim Sum Cafe for dim sum, all day everyday, ordered off menu not from pushcart Peach Farm and New Jumbo for Cantonese style seafood Gourmet Dumpling House for a number of items, but my favorite is the (non dumplingy) Eel with Yellow...
Quote: Originally Posted by gladhands Estragon in the South End- The most authentic tapas in Boston. Their happy hour menu features $1 tapas, which is closer to the Spanish tradition of tapas as bar food. Owner is Spanish and also operates a small Spanish grocery. That small Spanish grocery is called "Las Ventas", and it's right next door. It's really more of a sandwich shop with some prepared sweet stuff. It also features one of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol I've seen this one as well. Don't know why you'd want to tell people about it. IIRC there's only one court there. There are 4 tennis courts there (1 large, 3 small connected). If you're referring to a basketball court, then I guess you're confirming that there is in fact one as I couldn't recall for certain. Why shouldn't I tell people about the courts?
Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar an Italian Soave tonight to go with a red snapper Hey, last night I too popped a bottle of Soave (2008 Inama) to go with some mustard panko chicken and a great salad of "heirloomy" lettuces, greens, and tomatoes. Nice and acidic though not sufficiently so for my summery tastes. It was super hot in Boston yesterday, and I was craving that refreshingly acidic super-zing.
Quote: Originally Posted by chronoaug Actually that's the one thing i've been looking for in boston is good pickup basketball. Something where there is usually a full court game going on and not the "street ball" type I'm a 42 year old married old guy, so I haven't been making recommendations. That said, I often watch some excellent pick-up basketball over in the Fenway (the park, not the ballpark). The courts are between the Rose Garden and...
Quote: Originally Posted by graphite :'( you guys are killing me. i'm in central texas (not quite as good as austin) and have arbitrarily decided to move to boston in november. i'm quitting my job, up and lifting and starting over. i was hoping this thread would be full of all the hottest chicks and how to get them, posh living, lines of coke and free money. I lived in Houston throughout my high school years. Denton as an undergrad. My...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson K guys, need some help. Tomorrow we're cooking some paella. Ingredients are as follows: rice saffron chicken stock andouille sausage chicken spot prawns PEI mussels peas carrots roasted red pepper and then aioli on the side. (Sorry Matt, the boys felt like lobster was a little too high class for the cookout. But we are definitely following the method you sent me with different...
Huh. Haven't seen that one before. Is this cut the same as the Capital "E" Matchsticks? (I ask mostly because I'm a 30" waist in Capital Es - and, per a one-time fitting only - also a 30 waist in 511s. I'm a 29 waist for 514s.) Also, "Kaihara" denim? Is this the same selvege that was used in the 514s available back in the early part of the year? I'm wearing those 514s right now, and the look of the denim is very similar to those Matchstick pics (the texture, folds,...
Well, it is kinda tempting. Is the sizing different for raw denim? That is, if I usually wear a 29 waist in the 514s, should I get the 30?