or Connect

Posts by Ricardo Malocchio

I've cross-posted this question to the thread in the Buy/Sell forum (hope that's OK). I like the Westgates, but I'm concerned about sizing. I tried on a pair a little over a year ago at a local DSW. As I recall, they were either a half- or full-size smaller than my usual 9.5, but I was surprised to discover that they fit fairly well (at least lengthwise). It was a very narrow size (B?), but I seem to recall that if it had been more like a "D" that the shoe would fit...
I like the Westgates, but I'm concerned about sizing. I tried on a pair a little over a year ago at a local DSW. As I recall, they were either a half- or full-size smaller than my usual 9.5, but I was surprised to discover that they fit fairly well (at least lengthwise). It was a very narrow size (B?), but I seem to recall that if it had been more like a "D" that the shoe would fit fairly well. Does anyone have any insight? True-to-size, or should I size down by a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Toiletduck button up that DB though! Is that DB constructed to roll over the top button? Never seen that before!
So, if Big Boi's sporting fully matching LV luggage, I wonder what Andre 3000 is carrying (rather, having carried for him)? I have to say - though way over the top and extending well into costumery - I dig the retro-ish dandiness of Andre.
Forgive me if this is implicit in the description, but what is the jacket waist measurement? Also, can you provide measurements of the pants width at the knee and cuff? Are the jacket sleeves cut for buttonholes or are they just sewn on (in case I need to alter the length)? Thanks!
Yes, even with Barneys, Mitchells, Borrelli and Loro boutiques, and several other shops of note - as well as really and truly crappy Zegna and Valentino boutiques - Louis still strikes me as the best in Boston, at least in my fairly limited experience. And it seems that they're carrying more LB than anything at the moment, followed by Kiton, Belvest, and Brioni. I would have loved to have patronized the store in its heyday, but I was even more style challenged then than...
Quote: Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo That FB has been there for years. It opened last Fall, so not quite one year yet. Sadly, it is no replacement for the downtown store.
I dropped by the Boylston/Newbury FB yesterday, and found much the same, including two Borrelli cashmere overcoats, one a grey herringbone and the other an earthy plaid pattern (as I recall). I think they were tagged "medium", but I suspect they were close to a 42R. Much too roomy for my 38R frame, though perhaps a tad short in the sleeves. Way overpriced for FB, IMO, at $1900 each. There remains a decent selection of Borrelli shirts, mostly in the 16-17 size, with...
I also very much like the second suit you posted. It looks vaguely Neapolitan, perhaps an Isaia? The higher gorge and more contemporary button stance - among other things - cause me to prefer it to the vintage Brioni. Check the taper of the pants if you tend to like 'em wider. I suspect if that is a Napoli suit, the pants will be more tapered than, for example, a Brioni suit. EDIT: I'm not sure you'll be able to button that upper button, however. In my experience,...