or Connect

Posts by Ricardo Malocchio

Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Other simply delicious wines I can think of are some of the great Cru Beaujolais... And the 2009 vintage has produced some truly delicious examples! My favorites: Foillard's Morgon Cote du Py, Lapierre's Morgon, Jean-Paul Brun's (Dm. Terres Dorees) Morgon and Moulin-a-Vent (latter needs time), Coudert's (Clos de la Roilette) Fleurie and Fleurie Cuvee Tardive. Coquelet's Chiroubles VV is worth mentioning,...
Quote: Originally Posted by dlebowski So I got the 501 made in the USA's in the Sahara rinse, and in Raw. As has been said, the raw are STF. I bought true to size 32x32, and they fit just fine after a hot soak. Can someone help to illuminate this "raw" vs. "stf" thing for me? From reading the responses here, it seems that one way to differentiate STF from the merely "raw" is the sizing. If "STF", then the jeans will be sized larger to allow...
Quote: Originally Posted by rick did you measure the waist? because if they are stf they will shrink if you wash them. My concern exactly! (Though I haven't actually washed a pair of non pre-washed/pre-faded jeans in years...) But to answer your question, I tried them on. They fit just like my 30" waist 514s and recent 30" matchsticks (my old 30"-waist Capital E matchsticks are a tad bigger), and exactly the same (waist/length) as a recent...
Quote: Originally Posted by rick the american made levis 501 selvedge that were on the website but are now gone are stf. i ordered a pair from a retail store. they are made in america the denim is good quality but as i said they are stf. they are stiff but not as stiff as other stf i have owned. just got this morning and i was heading to work so did not get a chance to try them on. they measured about 1 to 1/2 inches bigger then the tagged...
Quote: Originally Posted by indiego they had reduced the price for 501 & 505 raw selvedge made in usa to 119.. anyone cop one of these? Thanks for the heads-up, and yes I'm in for some 505s at that price ($103.42 with a 20%-discount I got for one of my returns).
Quote: Originally Posted by El Argentino Plus the inevitable shrinkage? That's 29-30 inseam after a wash, which the general public will inevitably do... This is getting back to me question from the other day about these - does "raw" here mean dry/non-sanforized/whatever, and hence liable to shrink 2-3 inches as El Arg notes?
Quote: This pair of Levi's® Jeans is made from ring spun selvedge fabric that was woven & dyed at White Oak Cone Mills in North Carolina on vintage shuttle looms. Hand sewn & crafted in Los Angeles is what makes this a true, authentic pair of Levi's denim jeans. I gotta say ... I'm tempted even at this price. I actually would prefer NOT to cuff the 505s as I don't like the look so much on a somewhat wider leg, and the 32s would save me the cost of...
Quote: Originally Posted by El Argentino Don't really understand the draw of these when the "rigid selvage" for 98 bucks is almost the same freaking thing in a longer inseam. STF selvage. Stuff produced in the USA, I don't think, would be vastly different from imported stuff - especially still falling under the standard Levi's banner and not specifically LVC. So, rigid and raw are essentially the same? I don't believe I have a Levis that...
Quote: Originally Posted by indiego new raw selvedge 501 made in usa available on levis web, but dont know whether this jean is stf or sanforized. retail at a whopping 178 along with 505 & 511.. http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp...692014.4305602 Hmmm... 32 length instead of the usual 34? That's interesting. And I wouldn't mind some raw/selv 505s. Very pricey - probably too pricey - but tempting. Would anyone recommend sizing up due to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano Exactly. What a bunch of snobs we seem to have attracted. Sheesh. Whoa, I certainly didn't expect to be labeled a snob for recommending cru-Beaujolais over nouveau, but I do apologize for offending you! It seems that I may have stepped in the middle of some ongoing dispute between a number of you folks, and that's not at all where I like to find myself. If it's not too late, I think I'll just...