or Connect

Posts by Ricardo Malocchio

I hope to naturally distress and fade these jeans to a maximum - and definitely wear them casually. I'll likely only do cold wash and hangs, so hopefully not too much shrink-up. Once I get them where I like them, they'll get washed once a year at most. Thanks for the help!
Quote: Originally Posted by alexanduh you will look retarded. So "fool idea" didn't quite capture the full-on idiocy of this course of action?
Wow, I've got to get to work on my Kaihara's! Let me throw this out there since I've been unable to unearth a discussion: if the raw 505s end up a bit short in the length after wash, is it completely inadvisable to rip the seam on the hem and go unfinished? Will a strategically placed stitch or two keep the denim from completely unravelling? Or is this just a fool idea?
So, again, I have the "raw" Cone selvedge 505s - which I believe we've confirmed as being non STF, even though the raw Cone 501s apparently are STF - how should I best fade these? I've been wearing them alot and they're definitely breaking in. Lots of creases in all the right places with a tiny bit of fade occurring (much more fade than the Kaihara or that heavier gauge "Japanese" denim from around March 2010). Should I do the tub soak? Should I cold wash them?...
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesbond It's crazy that they only offer these in a 32L given that they're STF. From the review of the selvedge 501 "made in usa" it looks like they come 2" inches bigger than tag size. So you order your true waist size in these? Man, you got me. And everybody else. I purchased the $178 "raw" selvedge 505s. Unlike the 501s dreamtripper saw, mind did not come with a "stf sizing estimate" tag. They also fit...
Quote: Originally Posted by dreamtripper Have you tried washing them yet? I was under the impression (maybe incorrectly) that since there was such a large selection of sizes (pretty much every W an L combination), they were already pre-shrunk. Not yet - only had them for a little over a week now! (And may not ever wash them if they are STF!) I love the jeans, my favorite Levi's denim so far. But I need every last bit of length!
Quote: Originally Posted by jangie Ricardo, where do you have that Cone Mill text? I've looked everywhere on my pair of 501s and can't find any reference to Cone Mill. As I was putting on the "raw" 505s last night for another round of breaking in, I noticed it read something like "Denim made in Greensboro NC" on the inner left pocket. I still have all the tags and I'll double-check tonight to see if there's a direct reference to Cone Mills...
Quote: Originally Posted by jangie For what it's worth, I just got them. The tag does not have the XX after 501, and yet it has a paper attached to it saying that it's STF, even though there was absolutely no mention of that on the site. I already have a question open to the site about whether that's sanforized, but it's starting to look like the answer to that is a no. I received a pair of the raw selvedge 505s. They also did not have "XX"....
Daffy's!
Quote: Originally Posted by pscolari Going to have to jump on the bandwagon for Cru Bojo as well. I think with the '09s alone, I have probably had around 20 this year. Most of the repeats in the lineup include names like Burgaud, Lapierre, Bouland, JP Brun, and Foillard. Favorite right now is the JP Brun Morgon with the Lapierre as a close second. Both will be interesting in a few years to see how they develop. I have half a case of the Burgaud Cote...