or Connect

Posts by pdecker78

I believe this is more discomfort than the normal "break-in" that would be expected.  My concern with the 12D is that there would be too much heel slippage.  With my 12D shortwings on the Tremont last, I believe the they're probably a little big, but they work since they're lace-ups.  I guess I just need some input on similarities between the Tremont and Grant lasts.  If the consensus is that Tremont and Grant are the same, 11.5D will probably be the winner.  However, if...
I was hoping to get a little sizing advice after several frustrating experiences.  I am trying to figure out the best size to order for a pair of shell split toe loafers in the Grant last.  I just received a pair in 12C and although they're long enough, they seem too narrow.  I have a pair of shell shortwings on the Tremont last that are 12D, but they are a bit roomy, which isn't as big of an issue since they are lace-ups.  Any thoughts on whether I should just go true...
This is your chance to own a pair of genuine Alden, Horween Cordovan, hand-stitched, split toe loafers at less than half the cost of retail.  These shoes were originally purchased at the Alden store on Madison Ave. in New York for $625.  They are style number 1030, color #8, size 11.5 C on the Grant last with single oak leather soles.  These shoes are special order and the wait for a new pair is typically 6 months or greater.  They are gently used, being worn less than...
If you're ever in Nashville and need a good shine on your Aldens, head to the Marriott on West End Avenue and talk to the shoe shine guy there, Charles.  When I told him I didn't want anything but wax and I wanted him to brush the hell out of them, he responded with, "Must be Aldens, huh?"  The picture below doesn't do it justice, but he put a wicked shine on them... #8 Shortwings.  Excuse the terrible hotel room carpet.  
  Couldn't agree more.  I just can't understand why the bal options are so limited in shell.    
Since there's been a good numher of sartorial questions on here lately, let me ask another. What is everyone's thoughts about wearing #8 color wingtips with a dark grey/charcoal suit?  I've always thought they look great with navy and light gray, but thought about subbing them in for my black wingtips every now and again with the darker suits.  Thoughts?
I posted this the other day, but it didn't actually post for a couple days and got lost in the mix.  Just wanted to repost to see if anyone had any interest.       Is anyone interested in a very lightly worn (10-12 wears) pair of 11.5 A/C split toe Alden cordovan #8 loafers from the Alden NYC store?  These are on the Grant last and, much to my dismay, I have discovered that I am really a 12 A/C.  Have a new pair on order, but wanted to see if anyone wanted to...
Is anyone interested in a very lightly worn (10-12 wears) pair of 11.5 A/C split toe Alden cordovan #8 loafers from the Alden NYC store?  These are on the Grant last and, much to my dismay, I have discovered that I am really a 12 A/C.  Have a new pair on order, but wanted to see if anyone wanted to take these off my hands.  If there is some interest, I will post some better pics.  These retail for over $600.  
For all you Alden fans out there, a quick question.  I purchased a pair of Alden split toe cordovan loafers (style 1030) a few weeks back and I'm having some sizing issues.  The shoe is on the Grant last, which seems to be one of their less common.  The salesperson at the Alden on Madison (NYC) store put me in a pair of 11.5 C, which seemed to fit perfectly at first.  I've worn them about 10 times now and I feel some pressure around the ball of my foot and on the outside...
For all you Alden fans out there, a quick question.  I purchased a pair of Alden split toe cordovan loafers (style 1030) a few weeks back and I'm having some sizing issues.  The shoe is on the Grant last, which seems to be one of their less common.  The salesperson at the Alden on Madison (NYC) store put me in a pair of 11.5 C, which seemed to fit perfectly at first.  Now I feel some pressure around the ball of my foot and on the outside of my smallest two toes.  I think...