or Connect

Posts by Nerkg

Yea, you are correct but that first post is off, a welt is nothing to do with the nicks or viberg stitch down construction. I've taken apart a bunch of pairs. Either way, no point arguing. Whites is the worst imo out of all brands mentioned .
Now I'm really confused, whites uses stitch down, nicks contender uses stitch down, (McKay)neither uses a welt, other than on a few rarer styles. certainly neither uses Blake rapid. Not being a dick, just really trying to see what you mean
I disagree, the mexcel is waxier then cxl in my opinion, it's not waxy around the toe as much because when the boot is lasted it is stretched over the last and takes the wax feel away from that part, the reason people like nicks including me is the craftsmanship is better than whites, and don't Believe the horween hype, yes it's good leather but there's as good and better leather out there. Horween is so blown up by people who listen to people who listen to hype on these...
Does anyone know when nicks new web site is going up
Bump
These hVe been worn about 15 times. They are over 800.00 brand new, plus these have storm welt. Biltrite half sole, with reinforced cobblers nails, had zip dye these custom to a deep rich brown that over time will show amazing patina. so incredible 7oz. Oil tanned leather. Have to see this stuff. These are my favorite pair of boots, like an idiot I thought I could make the 9.5 work, but they are just to small. These are 9.5 and run exactly true to size. Any questions are...
Thx pat. #3 toe, no celastic because i want the toe to flatten a bit over time, as a side effect it's also more comfortable. I don't wear these for work or anything so no need really for toe saftey , I have other boots for that
Don't know how fire season goes. I ordered mine October 8th 2013 and got them in march 2014I called multiple times. And I was put on "rush" according to them. When I called back after a month of rush thy didn't sound like it was rush at all. They sounded like they could really care less. The estimate means nothing to them , believe me. I was pissed at the time. I would t be mad if you just say how long it could take up front. Not only that but after 14 weeks the new "ETA"...
Hollows, Nope, and I was gonna return them, but a two part decision. 1. I didn't want to wait, I was super aggravated at the 20 Week wait Even after Kyle called them twice to say hey this guy wants his boots for THIS WINTER not next. And 2. The strap really holds my foot down well. I've had a few road champs tried 9.5 and 10 and I'm somewhere in between and could never get my heel to stay down. It seems most engineers squeeze the ankle to get a good fit, while the nicks...
Fully lined Burgundy "mexcel" No celastic Double midsole Vibram 705 half