or Connect

Posts by motosacto

I have a medium duffle and a pullman. i carried my pullman on two different week-long trips to the uk from california. it barely made the carry on restrictions and had enough space for the trips (2 suits, extra dress shoes, etc.). The pullman also does well with fold-flat dress clothing. The duffle isn't as big inside--it's better for weekend trips and such. hope this helps...
see my post 1865 in this thread for sizing info. yes, it's oily.
High quality Goodyear-welted leather sole dress shoes feel very different from less expensive shoes built with athletic-shoe manufacturing processes.I recommend that you just start wearing them and don't mess with chemicals to try to break them in. If the leather is dry, they might benefit from an early treatment with cream polish. Otherwise, just starting putting the miles in and polish as necessary.You might want to check the sole wear around the toe after a few days. ...
Here are mine. I have been carrying the zipper tote daily for a year. It's holding up just fine. Got the zipper tote from Urban Outfitters -- don't remember which online store sold me the duffle...
The Merrill Wilderness is an absolute classic hiking boot in the made-in-italy style that dates back decades. Definitely not awful, but definitely not dressy. They're made for serious hiking in serious mountains -- Alps, Sierra Nevada, Rockies. Not urban office wear. With the clothes you describe, you'll look like a USFS backcountry ranger who borrowed someone else's sport coat to go to a wedding.
Maybe we need a "Silly Sartorial Images" thread -- or is there one already?
Just got a Barbour Commander (from End Clothing with a recent 20% off coupon code).  I'm 5'10", about 195lbs, with wide shoulders.  My standard dress shirt is a Nordstrom trim fit, 16.5" x 34-35".  My jacket size is 42 or 44, depending on the brand and cut, with the sleeves shortened by an inch or so.   I ordered the Commander in XL.  It is definitely an odd duck of a jacket.  It looks like outerwear, but it's cut like a tailored jacket.   The jacket body fits me closely...
 Was this post intended for me? My heart doesn't desire a "cheap imitation." I do not intend to "anger Mrs DC Office Hack." My point is that I don't believe that imitation Filson products are as good as the real thing. I am truly curious to find out if other manufacturers, in asia or elsewhere, sell product that are as solid and well-built as Filson items. I haven't seen any. Finally, I have no interest in geographically based insults.
Well, it's not a jet ski. I challenge your wife to find another canvas bag that has the same thickness (22 oz canvas); bridle leather trim, handles, and shoulder strap; and functional design for less $$$. If she does, please post the info -- I'd like to know. I have looked a other bags (e.g. similar ones from LL Bean) and they don't measure up.
Yep, a standard AE price point these days is $345.  Typical construction is leather lining, leather insole, calf upper, and leather sole.  I picked up two pair of AE-made Ralph Lauren shoes (Sanderson longwing and a single-monk), for $250 and $200 respectively, from DSW of all places... J Crew seems to be making a habit of sourcing products from India and China, then selling them at US-maker prices.  More power to them if they get the buyers, I guess...