or Connect

Posts by motosacto

I have a pair of JCrew x Alden Indys that are supposed to be dark brown. They are very "color 8 ish", and not at all like the brown CXL Allen Edmonds Bayfields I used to own -- enough to be annoying, actually...I'm really looking forward to the Ironsides Indys I have on order.Mark
Black silk knit tie.http://putthison.com/post/36744103836/the-most-versatile-knit-tie-jake-over-at-wax-wane
"What color is this dress?"Hahahahahha... Giddy because I have been waiting for them to restock and I now have a pair on order...
No picture, just a thumbs up for Steinhart.  Two years after I purchased an Ocean One Vintage Military directly from Steinhart, I had an issue with the bracelet.  After a brief email exchange to explain the issue, they sent replacement parts, extra springbars, and a springbar tool, all direct from Germany at no cost to me.   Steinhart customer service was excellent, and only let down a bit by slow mail.  I am very happy with them as a vendor (and I like my watch, too!)
 Well, the boot design is a clear and obvious "homage" to the original -- looks almost exactly like the acorn suede / buck sole makeup that Alden has done in the past.  Might as well use a referential name, I suppose. I'm wearing my Pacers right now, and I'll have an example pair of Chromexcel/Neocork 405's in my hands in a couple of days.  I plan to do a careful comparison.  $75 vs $420 (on sale).  Should be interesting...
Done, and with the 20% off JCrew code. Can't wait...
So... I scored a pair of suede Pacers on double secret probation sale for $75. I like them, but...They whetted my appetite for a pair of the real thing. The Pacers in 10 1/2 are a close fit for me with thin or medium socks. If I go to Alden 405s, should I stay with 10 1/2 to get some extra room, or downsize to 10? Anyone who owns both have any insights to offer in relative sizing?Thanks in advance...
I am 5'10", 200lbs, 36" waist, with wide shoulders.  I'm generally a 43 in tailored suits and sport coats.  I recently purchased a Seattle Fit Mackinaw Cruiser in size L.  For me, it's not a "skinny jeans" urban fit, but rather a cut that works well for temperatures from the 50's down to the 20's or so.  It fits fine over a base layer (button down shirt or long underwear shirt, and a thin insulating layer (Patagonia nano-puff jacket, or a thin wool sweater).  I still have...
I don't have any pics, but I've been carrying a Navy Filson Red Label tote bag most days for 2 years. The natural leather trim has darkened some, but the Navy canvas still looks new--no fading to speak of...
I used to always carry a Swiss Army knife and a mini mag light in my briefcase. Travel restrictions after 9/11 put an end to that, and I'm out of the habit. I have swiss army knives tucked into various drawers at home and grab one when I need it (which is fairly often). My dad carries an old Schrade (a brand no longer made) something like the Buck 303 Cadet. Same purposes as above--opening packages, sharpening pencils, various other small tool tasks...