or Connect

Posts by BrizzleCizzle

That's pretty much my stock answer, as evidenced last week when questioned why I don't wear socks with my loafers and chinos, however I tend to edge on the cautious side when it's someone's wedding. Outside of the occasions in which one should care greatly for the opinion of the honored party, I tend to be very carefree about the judgements of others.
Yeah, but all your base are belong to us.
Hopefully someone smarter than I will come along and lend some better advice, but in the meantime, look at the threads where they review the MTM (made to measure) suit makers like Indochino and Suit Supply. IIRC, Indochino can hit that price point and uses partially canvassed construction (someone else please either confirm or deny this).
  No way. I just said "day cravat" and even had it in quotes, before reading your post. Meant to be? But more seriously (although, what I just said was serious) I take that advice very well, as you attempted both the formal ascot and day cravat with sincere interest, and you (like I, but probably a lot better than I) wear a day cravat with frequency as I tend to love to do with my linen bandana. Very refreshing to hear I'm not alone in this practice (again, admittedly...
  I was/am referring to the former, the "day ascot" or "day cravat" or "daykerchief"(? i just made that one up), in a loosely tied fashion. The latter part of your post, and what andrewmcin posted below, is exactly the situation I want to avoid. I'm comfortable/confident enough in what I choose to wear, but I do NOT want to show disrespect nor do I want to call attention to myself at someone else's wedding.       That's actually what I do, oddly enough. I have a light...
As referenced above:
It's actually very beautiful, especially considering it's year of manufacture. Treat that thing right and it'll stay with you for decades. You happened upon a wonderfully kept jacket with a timeless design, wear in good health!   Oh, and that spec listed in the tag? Spec 7823, that's an actual jacket specification that the Navy introduced in 1951 (all military products are built to specifications, hence the term Mil Spec, which typically requires they conform to a certain...
Was your uncle military? Traditional military garments, that is, garments made to fulfill a specific contract and issued to military personnel as part of standard issue kit, are devoid of brand tags. They state only the description, or line title, of the item, size, material, and care instruction. They don't allow branding of the item IF the item is prepared for a military contract. Issue bomber jackets often have velcro (loop side) patches on the chest for name badges...
If you can wait, there should be a sale held by AE in late september. Search this thread for "rediscovering" sale and follow the link to dappered.com where they go over what that sale was like.