or Connect

Posts by BrizzleCizzle

All,   I'm looking to step out into C&J after amassing some Allen Edmonds and Alden pieces. My interest is primarily in the shoes listed, in size 8 US unless the lasts of the shoe require alternate sizing (i.e., if you're a size 8 US and had to adjust sizing to make them fit, I understand that), in the dark brown colors, or suede for the Sydney loafer. Let me know what you've got and thanks for your time!   Best, BC
I know this may sound a little, foreign, but if one happened to have a filson (or any other quality leather) belt in dark brown, you MAY be able to take the shoe polish approach of lightening up the color a bit. That discussion was going on in the Allen Edmonds appreciation thread, and apparently you can lighten to a degree if you choose the next shade lighter shoe polish. It makes sense, although not as easy as darkening. The one condition you may approach is that belts...
  If you maintain/inspect/clean/repair/iron 1-2 garments a day, with full effort, you'll need 30-60 pieces before all is said and done (i know, easy math). Ideally in the form of pants, jackets, shirts, and shoes. I imagine you have very near this number if not more, no? And don't forget that maintenance can go beyond just the clothes. Have you cleaned out your washer lately? Maintained your dryer? How about the leather in your car? Your breifcase need conditioning? Brass...
I dabble in this look often. Tweed in the browns and earthy tones, for sure. Shoes are quintessential to this look, a good blend is the wingtip boot. Try a recent article on dappered.com for a solid, very cheap recommendation (note: shoe snobs, of which I am one, need not profess about this particular shoe... however, if you, the OP, can afford some AE Daltons, or Alden Indy's, then that's a solid...
  I don't think anyone is going to discredit an individual for their language gaps if they are earnestly trying their best to communicate, and aren't being rude, brash, or disrespectful. Oh, and you know how you end by saying "learn some manners please"? Well, hold on to that.     ^no manners. You insult him by calling him a noob and pathetic, those aren't manners. If you're as mannerly as you claim, you wouldn't insult him... see how that works? "Probably you have no...
Might I suggest that for each day, or some regular interval of time, we occupy our minds and hands with another task, related to clothing, to otherwise busy ourselves away from the desire of spending money? Say the first day is some shoe care, the second can be inspecting shirts for buttons that need to be mended (if that can be done yourself), the next throwing out/repurposing old socks, and so on. Just thoughts.
  That looks an awful lot like the neumok, but in a different color scheme (when I say an awful lot, i mean it is offered in colors and has the wingtip).
  No (try to envision me saying all of this in a very nice, very understanding tone...don't read this as I'm arguing with you or yelling at you). A judgement results in an action, penalty, or award, and is presented as a reasonable fact or definition based on the arguments inherent to the point. Since I predicated none of these aspects in my monologue, you didn't witness a judgement; what you saw was my opinion (or, sic: belief). I make a point of this to support, as you...
Concur. And I try to predicate an allowance for people with sense by saying "most" or otherwise alluding to the idea that I am not a sage of all things clothing, just a man with an opinion. And, to put it all in a blanket, I remain grounded in: wear what you want, how you want, and let no one convince you otherwise.
  The second picture IS awful, unless of course you are on broadway. But to be polite, I simply refer to it as an... interesting... execution of the idea.     Concur. While I don't do it myself for a number of reasons, I think it can look just fine. Having said that, if I remove my aesthetic approach and address why I believe most men do it, it isn't out of their own sense of style, it's to showoff their jeans/brag a little/confirm they are on the bleeding edge of street...