or Connect

Posts by BrizzleCizzle

Getting seconds would've been best done last week (or if it's still going on, now) since AE was (is?) having a large seconds sale through their flagship stores. Otherwise, hold off until september and you could get some firsts at 30% off.         See above^ regarding squeaking. Try google image search for help with the Lucca.
  Don't know how I missed this earlier. Yes, they do wonders. My background is long cross country trains (in the military: humps), and socks (and your feet in general) are the difference between comfort and misery. Wool socks are amazing. They are soft against the skin, naturally regulate temperature and pull moisture away from your feet, eat odor, and can be created in such a way to provide great comfort in the heel and sole of your feet. The downside? Not exactly cheap,...
If you're just looking to re-wax them you can use Otter Wax or Filson's wax.
I won't disagree with that. But if he's lost, I can appreciate asking for help.
  Law & Order: Sartorial Victims Unit.   Que L&O segue sound effect.
    Start a different thread. It says "tutorials" in the title for crying out loud (the title being: **The Official Shoe Care Thread**...) where else are people going to go for help, it's more than predictable that people are going to come here to ask for help. At least Wrighty has pictures and did some reading, looks earnest enough. I tend to appreciate your style and opinion pretty often, but this is something we won't see eye to eye on. This is why we have a forum, to...
All,   I'm looking for an Alden suede loafer, any series as long as it doesn't have any horse bits (not entirely sure if I've even seen an Alden suede loafer with horse bits yet, but I digress), in any shade of brown/tan/snuff, in size 8 US. Let me know what you've got and thanks for your time!   Best, BC
All,   I'm looking to step out into C&J after amassing some Allen Edmonds and Alden pieces. My interest is primarily in the shoes listed, in size 8 US unless the lasts of the shoe require alternate sizing (i.e., if you're a size 8 US and had to adjust sizing to make them fit, I understand that), in the dark brown colors, or suede for the Sydney loafer. Let me know what you've got and thanks for your time!   Best, BC
All,   I'm looking to step out into C&J after amassing some Allen Edmonds and Alden pieces. My interest is primarily in the shoes listed, in size 8 US unless the lasts of the shoe require alternate sizing (i.e., if you're a size 8 US and had to adjust sizing to make them fit, I understand that), in the dark brown colors, or suede for the Sydney loafer. Let me know what you've got and thanks for your time!   Best, BC