or Connect

Posts by BrizzleCizzle

A) I would grant a certain level of agreement here. To construct an order of operations to such an extent you mull over it or abide by it would be overly diligent, I'll say that its existence is more of a scribed afterthought or brief brain dump over dogma. I have to agree fully that the distinctions between levels of dress have muddied or been personally perverted to the point that it's becoming very plausible for one to either lack rules for the type of dress or simply...
I have long held the opinion that the most abused and daft outfit is the dress pants, dress shirt, and lone, horizontally divisive tie. Aside from being the proportional equivalent to an amputated Statue of Liberty, this getup screams door-to-door salesman, high school after prom, and "I'm unaware as to the whereabouts of my jacket, nor do I concern myself with the whereabouts of said jacket because I do not care to utilize the potentially most-flattering piece of...
What chukkas are you seeing that have a large profile? My chukkas are typically low in volume in the toe box area and have a slim presence. If you wanted to buy a pair that will last, but also won't drive you to tears if they get a heavy dose of street salt or water, check out some of Clarks' leather chukkas; if you want to go up in price and product, Allen Edmonds offers a few chukkas and others (Daltons) that are pretty attractive. Then of course, you can crawl all the...
Brown goes best with the most, IMO and in this application. You wanted something that was applicable to chinos, jeans, etc? The fluidity of a shoe to span multiple "styles" of outfits will tend to detract from the "adventurous" offerings. Having said that, a solid pair of snuff chukkas can be far from typical or boring. I second bourbon's notions, for what it's worth, and would go "chukka" out some chukkas. (please excuse lame joke, thanks)
My experience is born from leather shoes (Allen Edmonds) and leather bags (Saddleback Leather Co); I say this because the types of leather used in these garments is typically of high(er) quality and thought to be more durable with either less need to maintain on a micro level, or with an enhanced benefit from leather products over cheaper leather. Having said that, this is what I would do to my bag in your shoes (pun!):   A cleaner and conditioner to give the leather...
I apologize if that was miscontrued. I meant it in the frame of staying away from any outfit that might convey "I'm shooting for black tie." Good note on the specifics of true black tie.
  ^ all of that. Why shoot for lowest acceptable? Even if jeans were allowed (allowed, not enforced... I've seen some country weddings where jeans were required and even the groom was in jeans), I'd stick to the standard of semi-formal to formal. Dress your best. Take this as an opportunity to put your best foot forward. Would you dress the lowest grade possible for a date? For an interview? Aiming for the lowest mark is a bad habit and one that a person should never...
  I was wondering if I was the only one to take note of such sage advice...
Oh, and as for general wardrobe thoughts, give this thread a look. Not endorsing or mocking, but it's at least worth a gander: http://www.styleforum.net/t/309783/if-you-do-not-own-the-following-things-you-are-not-well-dressed
I, too, live in a climate that can be uncomfortably warm and have to use an eye for cooler fabrics. For 3 season wear, I lean towards a linen jacket, and to match my style, my current favorite is a light tan linen jacket (the linen adds a hint of texture I love) that looks damn good with dark denim as well as light chinos. If i were in your boots, that would be my next purchase. Partially lined, light in color, hint of texture, linen; while not linen, Banana has a two...