or Connect

Posts by BrizzleCizzle

I long for the day when a day cravat will again be more than acceptable. Until then, I'll just keep dressing as Freddy from Scooby Doo every halloween to get my ascot fix. Sigh.
    What if I leave my tethered eye glass at home? And lose the top hat? I'm keeping the walking stick, though... no way I'm giving that one up.   Okay, so it's pretty much settled, not yet (I'm no where near middle aged).
Hey Gatz, which color?
Here here. Also, you may consider looking at MTM shirts, like those offered by Ratio Clothing. They have solid fabric choices, a wide range of very acceptable patterns, and are made to your measurements (MTM = made to measure) which ensures a great fit (a strong signal of the well dressed, well fitting clothes). But to echo the above - focus on applicability of the shirt to many outfits and focus on those qualifying shirts, do NOT drop coin on a shirt just because it's on...
  I pinterest often, especially with regards to men's style. I find it pretty relieving, and actually very informative, that so many people have so little else to do with their time other than take pictures of gentlemen walking to work in NYC/Europe. I recognize that's a backhanded compliment, as it is intended to be, but I sincerely do pinterest to see what's going on in the blogosphere.
I have a wedding coming up this weeking (attending, not hitching) and have always wanted to dabble in the ascot realm. I'm neither royalty nor of nobility, but I've always appreciated the ascot and have heard Glenn O'Brien, amongst others, refer to it as a piece both casual and formal, and often a bridge out of being too casual or too formal in a variety of situations. So my questions to the community that is SF:   Are ascots, in this particular day and age, still...
I can't stand reading GQ any more. I was offered a cut rate subscription a few months back and decided to give it a try; it's mostly pages upon pages of ads. In fact, in the most recent publication, they have this new thing called GQ Live, wherein you hover your iPad, iPhone, or Android enabled device over specific pages while using their GQ Live app, and it generates some extensive content not in the mag. Cool, right? Well, kinda, because as it says in the introductory...
Please, elaborate.
  First rule of 1000 Mile boot club: always ask Crane.   To address the bulk of your post: yes, you could wear these boots in any manner of environment, just look at Crane's posts.   BUT, shoes, and the leather that comprises them, require rest at times. If they get flooded with water, they need rest to air out and dry (naturally, not heat source induced). If they've been worn a lot, they'll need rest occasionally with some nutrients in the form of a leather conditioner...
I hit that. Thanks Kirby, A; please keep reading as there's a question for someone in your position. Is that cracked cordovan shoe status quo for old shell? I've never seen anything that severe and quite frankly don't want my 684's ever looking like that. Did the hulk bend the shoe in half? As far as keeping that from happening, and a matter of general interest, is the famed deer polishing bone able to smooth out the rolls in my cordovan loafers? I read "smooth" in the...