or Connect

Posts by BrizzleCizzle

Bump?
All,   I recently acquired some Venetian cream and was introducing the product to my care routine for my shoes. I had used it with great effect on my Wolverine 1K's and, upon hearing of it's benefit for cordovan, decided to give it a try on my Alden loafers. As a quick note, I maintain a number of AE's, some Aldens, a C&J, and have had no issue using my Reno and wax on calf, so I'm not new to shoe care by any stretch. Having said that, I've erred significantly at...
Follow up:   Yesterday, after receiving my e-mail, I received a phone call from Barney's saying they would be in touch with me today. After not hearing from them (and giving credit to the weather), I sent this:     Ma'am,   I just wanted to follow up with you and see if I could offer any further assistance. You had mentioned that we might make contact today, if I can do anything to support that, please don't hesitate to let me know. I know that there are very serious...
To this i say: +1.     True. Although I'll add my Park Ave's also show very little creasing, nothing nearing that seen on these "new shoes". But by far my Strands show the least, I'm in total agreement about your reasoning, too.
  Very good advice. I've bought from forum members here and Gilt with no problem, but this was definitely precipitated by the notion that RL uses quality shoe makers, then come to find out I've spent AE prices on the floor model... learned my lesson. Even if these were C&J, leather soled, all goodness, they would be going back as someone has clearly begun the wrinkling process and I'm in no position to desire that from a new shoe. My Strands are devoid of this level of...
  Very insightful.      Very true. As noted by the brilliant gent above, it's a battle of "all sales are final" vs. consumer protection laws. I'll update as it goes, if for nothing else than the casual reading pleasure of the unfortunate passerby. 
All, an update:   To address what some have said I'll say this. If I had seen these specific shoes in person, I would have ran away. Upon investigating the second shoe, they were clearly the floor model as the department store sticker was still on the bottom of the shoe. $300 is a lot to drop on a shoe, I spent around that much on each continual pair of AE's I buy. My mistake was a list of assumptions, but my leverage for return boils down to the website not stating...
I'm on the path to do just that.   I just called Barney's Warehouse customer service and requested they be returned despite being final sale. They've directed me to e-mail them a picture of the shoes in question to validate my request. I'll update (for those with any casual interest) as this progresses. I just couldn't justify spending $300 on keeping the display models of low-quality shoes.
All,   I'm in need of understanding what exactly I just purchased and if I was absolutely taken for a ride. I own multiple AE's, a few Aldens, and a lovely pair of C&Js; when I purchased these I made the assumption (I know, bad on me) that I was purchasing something like a "C&J for Ralph Lauren" situation. I believe I missed that mark by far. Here's a link to the shoes I purchased (Ralph Lauren, Made in Italy, Denham, retail...
Bought these last season but ended up never wearing them. Hemmed them to a 28.5 for a no-break look, but there's still 1.25 inches of material in the hem if you want to lengthen them out. Price includes shipping anywhere in the US via USPS.