or Connect

Posts by Arthur PE

no 24 year pet engineers are making 200k in Pittsburgh I work with Atlas, Chevron, Range, Halli, etc. in Greene county
  why would they do that? they would have to pay unemployment, severance package, cobra, etc. if someone resigns, and you lay them off so they can collect and that is illegal why would a firm handle a 23 year old with 2 years of experience like that? it's either quit or work...and they begin looking for your replacement, as soon as he is found, you are gone it's not like the job that requires experience (he was hired out of college and his educational field of study) nor...
    apparently you didn't   quote (excerpt): This wouldn't be so bad, except I'm going to be laid off soon. We've hired someone to be my replacement....
mediocre grades 2 years out of school, 23 years old 150k about to get laid off, and they have already hired your replacement   the question I would be asking is why am I being laid off and what do I have to do to keep this job if they hired a replacement it's not that the position is being eliminated, you are being eliminated my guess is attitude and aptitude give the job to someone who actually WANTS it and is enthusiastic about it, they will be...
    sounds like a great career there are many like that which do not require college in the States water and wastewater operators are in short supply, they aren't making 200k, but make 60-80k + benefits, which ain't bad for a HS education   in the US there is a stigma with blue collar work, it's 'lessor' or 'menial' or 'lower class' everybody wants college for their kid, ending up with huge debt, a worthless degree, and working in the service industry anyways not that...
  what is that? a power plant operators license? what type of plant? coal, gas, etc.?   do you have a link to the requirements/quals?   thanks   edit: found it http://www.gov.ns.ca/just/regulations/regs/tspower.htm#TOC2_40
Porsche has a consulting group of IE's (and other disciplines) that do operational studies of healthcare facilities
  we get the face lifted one (which I like) we also can get the titanium option: body colored front lip, black grill/window trim/rear diffuser, body colored mirrors, black exh tips, graphite wheels this package also includes the sport exh, a bit deeper/louder looks much better than the silver on certain colors, especially red the std silver looks good on silver or grey cars imo   I want the ceramic brakes (don't need them) but 6k is steep   I have 1 year warranty (CPO) on...
  for men tight (6' 180 is a good sized guy) for a 5'7" 120 lb woman should be fine for 1 hour trips into the city for dinner/show long trips are usually just my wife and myself
the RS5 and new S6 are both on sale now optioned as I want both are ~75k the S6 is probably a bit faster, but I like a high rev'ing type of engine (and with the RS5 you don't sacrifice much torque, it has 90% peak from 2.5 to 8k rpm, coupled with a 7 speed it has good drivability/.elasticity)   but there is something about a fast 4 door...sleeper then again, it's only 2 in the car >90% of the time, and the RS5 back seat is good sized too bad we won't get the...