or Connect

Posts by Ziminskas

For me, suits are for pleasure. I'm 22 and in college, so currently, I don't need them to fulfill any professional look. I suppose that you could say that I might be allured to this particular suit, and also the other one that I have from this same designer because I, myself, am young and immature. I do see how the super high button stance, low rise pants, narrow shoulders, and short length could be problematic when considering proper fitting (I don't exactly understand...
Hi, thank you for your response. The jacket has been altered, but the button stance and length are original. However, I believe that the suit is supposed to be this length, and the buttons are supposed to be there. The suit is the same as the one worn by Ryan Gosling in Crazy Stupid Love, and in the movie, the button and length of his jacket are identical to mine (or at least as far as I can tell). I could be wrong, but I believe that the jacket is supposed to have narrow...
Hi, I need some help/advice on how to make a jacket of mine fit better. The main problem that I have with the jacket is that around my collar bones, the lapels "bow out." If I stand still, with my arms down, typically the lapels don't stick out too much; but if I make any movement with my arms, they really start to pull. The jacket has been altered....twice. First, the back was taken in (not the middle seam, but the seam on each side of my back) and the sleeves were...
    Hi All, I haven't posted too much on this forum in the past, but I have lurked around and I'm hoping that you all can help me with a dilemma I'm having. I recently purchased a suit and it fit well in the shoulders, but through the chest, waist and arms, it was too baggy; so I had it altered. The alaterations shop where I took it slimmed it down a lot, and when I put it on after they were done, the lapels would "bow out." I took it home, tried it on, analyzed it...
So, I have spent a lot of time searching for a good, pointy, thin soled, carmel colored shoe and I think I may have found one. I just can't seem to figure out if the shoe I'm looking at has a rounded toe, or a squared one. It's the Barker Cortona and is a "shape 455."     I'm a big fan of the color and shape from the picture but am wondering if anyone knowns what the toe is like. Thanks for all the hlep. -Ryan
This is my first post so...Hi Everyone!   I skimmed through this thread and would like to add my input. Those shoes that Ryan Gosling is wearing in that picture are made by Givenchy but aren't wingtips. I know this because I have a pair of Givenchy's that look almost identical to those and are from the same collection but they're black. I purchased them from a boutique in Los Angeles called Confederacy along with an Albert Hammond Jr. suit (which is the same suit...