or Connect

Posts by lestyr3

Please revive it.  It's really useful!
I didn't know that Paul Ryan was selling on eBay!
Doh
I got really excited - and then I realized that you have EXACTLY the same 3 as mine.  Awesome garments. 
Hi Rayman - I can speak for the vast majority of us here when I say that we've all been where you were.  I grew up in Montana, where not giving a s---t about clothes extends even to weddings.  It's understating it to say that I was nervous about wearing anything more than jeans and a ratty t-shirt for the longest time.  To buy better clothes and to understand how they can work together involved a lot of homework, and some courage.   There are three keys to developing...
My five picks for the contest:    Love these sunglasses. http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/ready-when-you-are-in-tortoise-brown.html   I need to try some Oliver Spencer sometime.  Still stuck on the Crazy Tweed that was worn by Gabriel Mann on Revenge a while back.  This, however, looks like such a useful piece: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/sale-section.html?makersinfo=134   What can I say about these that others haven't said...
I have a nice Truzzi shirt whose collar is getting holes in it.  The rest of the shirt is not worn out and I'd like to see if there's a use for the fabric on the rest of the shirt.  I have no doubt this has been answered before elsewhere, so if someone has a convenient link feel free to share.    Two options already discussed: 1. The rest of the shirt is in decent shape and I'd feel guilty using it only for rags.  2. My 90-something grandmother thinks I can go...
I can't beat Michael's advice.  That said, my two cents:    You want to maximize your use if for now you only have one pair, so I'd get something in dark brown or cordovan with some amount of broguing.  It will go with more shades of pants and suits than tan will, and the holes will make it more useful as a weekend shoe (read:  You can wear it easier with jeans & khakis) while still preserving a decent level of formality.  If you've got to meet the President or are (like...
Whatever you do, don't wear suspenders.  Michael Lewis got ostracized during his early days at Salomon Brothers for wearing suspenders in "Liar's Poker."  Everyone thought he was incredibly pretentious.  Only bosses got to wear those.   Oh, and I think Mattia nailed it.  Great attitude for anyone in professional services, not just finance.
Daaaaaang!