or Connect

Posts by leftofthedial

I don't remember who posted the weirdo Alden orthopedic boots the other day, but I found the eBay auction I've seen for the past few years: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-Alden-Leather-Boots-Rare-Style-/151332636410?hash=item233c20c6fa
@TheNeedMachine Honestly, I have no idea. They could be a custom order (Alden did a lot of that back in the day). The pair I've seen was specially made for someone with a serious foot problem. Fun fact - Doctors actually prescribed All Weather Walkers, among other models, back in the day.
@ryangmode Those are from Alden's orthopedic days. I have absolutely no idea on model or anything. There's been a pair of black boots on and off eBay for a few years now. They're always listed at some insane price. I would venture to guess those are 70s-ish, but someone definitely correct me if I'm wrong. The only place I've seen a pair in real life is at the Alden factory. Good luck!
@barrelntrigger Jordan Brand and Levi's did a collab in 07-08ish. Selvedge 501 and a Jordan 1, I think. Was like $500 for both :/
@snackbandit 1930s-50s USN Peacoat. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think that's from just prior to WWII. If in good condition and no moth holes, and decently priced (sub $20-25), I would cop.
@Nataku @barrelntrigger Didn't check the link, but I'm almost sure only the Bedale and Beaufort are made in England now.
Big shoutout to @varietygoods for the hook up on some gnaaarly Oliver Spencer shoes. Shoutout to @silverwarebandit for owning the raddest Luciano Barbera jacket., but he should post a fit pic.
@winny94 I'm no expert, but I'm almost positive Bill's sells suits. That looks like it was made by Hardwick (purely based on things like pocket shape and the retail).
New England Shirt Co makes for an insane amount of people. The actual construction of the shirt is generally good, all USA ready to wear makers are similar quality to me. They also use incredibly nice piece goods. However, some of their standard/stock trimmings (buttons in particular) really suck. Some brands go with their stock fabrics, buttons, fits, etc.; some brands have their own patterns, fabrics and trimmings. They certainly don't rival the big Italian names or...
@highvoltorb I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that being an early GBV shirt, maybe the first or second season after launch.