or Connect

Posts by Blok

While I like both the Carmina and G&G Adelaide designs, I think an Austerity brogue would show off the leather a little better.   I would definitely go for something like this in plum museum:     http://meermin.tumblr.com/post/32752253795/mto-for-kh-austerity-brogue-oxford-ben-last    
I only sized down 0.5 from my AE 5 last.The New Rey last used in most of the Linea Maestro line is very narrow. Reminds me a bit of the AE 2 last. The standard fit in New Rey is 'E' width. Just looking at the Meermin last chart, I made a judgement call that I was not going to fit into a standard New Rey last at my normal size. The choice was either to go up in width or go up in size (length+width). I went with going up in just width (8.5E --> 8.5EE) for my...
  Have you tried 11C?   You may already know this, but going up 1/2 size involves going up in both length and width.   So going from a 10.5D to 11D will be an increase of 1/2 in length and 1/2 in width.  If you want to keep the same width, you can try going from 10.5D to 11.C    Plus, did you get:   measured while standing up heel to toe measurement heel to ball measurement both foot measured   There is also a limitation on the brannock device.   It only measures 2...
I hate buying shoes. It used to be so simple.   Buy a decent pair of sneakers.  End of story. These days, my shoe vocabulary include such esoteric terms such as "dark oak" and "museum calf".  Seriously, who lives this way? I'm at a point where I want to expand my shoe collection beyond the standard AE and Alden offerings.  The problem is, even though I live in a large US city, I do not have easy access to try on shoes like C&J, EG, Vass, etc. It also does...
My impression from owning several pairs of AE (including the Park Avenue) and 1 pair of Florsheim Veblen is that the Florsheim runs *at least* half a size larger.   So I would try a 8.5D first.    The best thing you can do is to drive to an AE store or outlet and see which last/size combination fits you the best.    I had a problem where the number of available AE sizes in length and width is fairly limited my local Nordstrom.  So I drove 2 hours to the nearest AE store...
    Interesting point about the AE promotions on the shells.   I remember reading somewhere that AE might be going to a MTO only model for their shells.  If so, this would be a great way of reducing their existing inventory. 
  Here's a link to the list of shoes included in the 2/7 sale.   Looks like a 10-20% or more across the board on seconds.     http://threads.dappered.com/topic/ae-sale-starting-on-27   Even the new 3 last shoes like Flatiron and Neumora is included.   Which I guess makes sense since not all of those shoes will be first quality. 
According to my AE outlet sales guy, after the current boot sale is over, the next sale starting on 2/7/12 will be specific to dress shoes.   I forget all the models, but he did mention the Park Avenue seconds will be available at $209.  Sounded pretty excited about it too.  I guess the PA seconds pretty much never go on sale.  
Just got a Lambswool crew neck in S.  Here's the measurements:   Chest (P2P): 41" Back Length: 26.25" Arm (Top): 23" Arm (Bottom): 18"   I'm 5'10, usually wear a 38R.   The sweater fits perfect with a T-shirt underneath.   With a dress shirt, it fits a little snug, but in a good way.     As much as I like the sweater, the super 120s flannel pants I got were simply on a different level. Superb quality.  Can't wait to get it back from my tailor.