or Connect

Posts by Hillie

Thank you pB and TS for the advice. I spent some time at the mirror working with your recommendations and decided to not ignore it and make sure the trousers will have a high enough rise. My belly doesn't hang that low and my body is fairly long (meaning I have shorter legs :)) and I want to avoid a clownish look. There's a gent of Indian descent here in the office who's not very tall (5'5 maybe?), has a huge belly, but wears dockers with a belt right around the widest...
  My bad, that's what I meant: Need to talk to the person making my next trousers about this (guess I wrongly used tailor for this), I understand one can't magically voodoo some extra material there. :)   Thanks for the tabs pics, that clears it up. I'd prefer to have mtm/"bespoke" trousers next or otherwise something that has a good rise & waist from the start. Spent $175 on trousers at Nordstrom a few months ago and to be honest, I think that was money not well spent.
The higher rise is something I'd need to talk to a tailor to, as it might look a little silly to get it up on the gut.   I'm slowly losing some weight, which is definitely needed, so maybe I need to hold this off for a few more months.     Don't mind having tabs removed, as many trousers need to have buttons added anyway. I saw you mention the side tab, but being a non-native English speaker, what exactly are you referring to with this, in...
First of all, thanks pB for sharing those 39 pages of your bathroom detective antics. We share many frustrations around other people's obnoxious routines.   Regarding braces, I'm a 6'1, 260-ish pound, basically a fatty :) and a somewhat prominent gut. I enjoy braces, both as a style element as well as a way of comfortably wearing pants. Any recommendations to keep in mind when looking for both braces as well as pants keeping my figure (or lack thereof :)) in mind?...
Agree with Nicola. When going outside, bring a flash, especially in bright weather.