or Connect

Posts by ultramantaro

I had a chance to check out the Palo Alto store that was just recently opened today.  They are doing a 15% off sale on shoes and AE branded accessories.  I've checked out a couple of models (classic McAllister, Moras)  No merlot models from what I can tell, but I'm not sure that I fit the typical clientele judging by the reaction of the sale staff.   Leather quality is pretty decent, but finishing from what I can tell is not as good as some of my other shoes (Cheaney,...
2 (50) buck chuck FTMFW 
 He does, for example this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SANTONI-Dress-GOODYEAR-Shoes-Size-Eu-42-5-Uk-8-5-Us-9-5-GY11-/162097609505?hash=item25bdc53b21:g:NJoAAOSwnFZXWDyE Price is definitely higher for the GY line, and some higher end FAM lines.
 Jesus that is one amazing patina + shine.  
As much as I love to come, the only thing holding me back is not SF members but potentially any Internet Dbags that I might run into when I want to stick a nicely made SuitSupply sock in their mouth and push them down the stairs.   End of rant.
 Indeed it is.  Here's the exact shoe I bought in UK7 though it's back to full price now, and also a little more exp than last season: http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/santoni-carter-double-buckle-leather-monk-shoes_5120-10004-7713654109/?previewAttribute=Wine Also the difference, though subtle, are the nails in the toe area of the sole.  Mine didn't have any.
Just want to quickly share based on the last two months of shoe research and purchases (mainly on UK sites to take advantage of the USD to GBP drop - thanks Brexit!), there has been too much of a Borg like mentality here.  Too many are basically brainwashed to circle j_k Allen Edmonds, Aldens, and C & J.     Santoni is vastly under-appreciated.   I recently purchased a pair of GY Carter Double monks in Wine from Selfridges during their sale, for approx $350 USD...
+1 for Fransboone    I ordered a Viscount in suede last Thursday and I am have it my hands as of this morning, in CA no less, via UPS.  I took the second least expensive shipping option as it was about 2  euros difference.    Package came in very nicely wrapped.   As others have said already, it is much cheaper right now to order from the UK or EU due to favorable exchange rate.  Regular handgrades listed on Fransboone were between 550 to 600 Euros, but they don't have...
I've had 3 suits and 1 jacket done at Ricardo's.  I've added working cuffs on 3 jackets and they were all done very well.  Mind you it's not cheap (~ 120 to 140 together for both sleeves) but he will accommodate if you want different stitching, which I did for one jacket as I wanted the button holes to pop more.  One other thing - if you want 3 buttonholes vs 4 I'm not sure if he charges differently.  His standard is always 4 whenever a customer requests it.   He also...
Strictly formal wise, you should be wearing a black oxford (not even a derby or blucher).  I am referring to black and white balls, or those that you wear tuxedo where a brown shoe would be considered unacceptable.   Single strap is usually considered more formal than double straps, but I think it's usually acceptable to wear a plain double monk with or without captoe for formal occasions. But then, who really will notice except you?  The ladies will likely notice, but...