or Connect

Posts by ultramantaro

+1 for Fransboone    I ordered a Viscount in suede last Thursday and I am have it my hands as of this morning, in CA no less, via UPS.  I took the second least expensive shipping option as it was about 2  euros difference.    Package came in very nicely wrapped.   As others have said already, it is much cheaper right now to order from the UK or EU due to favorable exchange rate.  Regular handgrades listed on Fransboone were between 550 to 600 Euros, but they don't have...
I've had 3 suits and 1 jacket done at Ricardo's.  I've added working cuffs on 3 jackets and they were all done very well.  Mind you it's not cheap (~ 120 to 140 together for both sleeves) but he will accommodate if you want different stitching, which I did for one jacket as I wanted the button holes to pop more.  One other thing - if you want 3 buttonholes vs 4 I'm not sure if he charges differently.  His standard is always 4 whenever a customer requests it.   He also...
Strictly formal wise, you should be wearing a black oxford (not even a derby or blucher).  I am referring to black and white balls, or those that you wear tuxedo where a brown shoe would be considered unacceptable.   Single strap is usually considered more formal than double straps, but I think it's usually acceptable to wear a plain double monk with or without captoe for formal occasions. But then, who really will notice except you?  The ladies will likely notice, but...
Those loafers look like an older pair.  Lloyd aren't marketed much here in the US, but they are sold at Nordstrom's (online) and the higher priced models are generally made in Germany.  The last time I saw one in person is when I was shopping in Hong Kong, and the quality seems fine.     My dad bought a pair of black wingtips way back in the day in the late 80s and I remember they were built very well.  
This is indeed great news.  Too bad they are late to my annual summer purchases and I used up my budget on new shoes.
It appears the order went through just fine and my cc is charged.  usually when I place an order online and it was accepted, the stock of item should be updated within minutes which was I posted this question.   Case closed. 
I'm not in the right income bracket for G&G and EG , but here's what I was able to buy based on a favorable pound to USD ratio:   2 pairs of Cheaneys (one monkstrap and one country brogue balmoral), both on sale for $210 USD after shipping (if you can get around the site with tricky location setting and shipping you might likely pay another 10% less)   1 pair of Santoni double monk from Selfridges.  Was able to complete a full transaction in pounds.  Regularly at 580...
Hi,   I searched the forum but could not find a specific answer.  I would like to order from Selfridges and take advantage of the USD to pound exchange rate by paying in pounds.  The order price should be the price on the site, less VAT, and add shipping charges.     Default currency however is USD as I am ordering from the US, but if I would pay about 10% more which I wouldn't want to do.   Has anyone done this before?  Just wondering if there are any...
actually the 25$ off per 200 works online as well, though the selection online is pretty slim
Bumping this thread.  For those in SF the store is supposedly planned for a Spring opening, then Summer in Union Square on Maiden Lane.     Does anyone have an opening date?  Curious to see the product in person for the very first time.