or Connect

Posts by upthewazzu

Any thoughts on what might happen to bonds once the fed raises rates this summer? I've got a few bucks in a Vanguard bond fund (VFIDX) that I was treating as a savings account, but I'm a little worried about what might happen if rates go up.
Something to do with the Costco deal maybe? Although, seems like that boat sailed in Oct/Nov when it went from ~$50 to $60+
 Literally the same situation as myself. Couldn't have picked a better time
 Isn't it rather expensive to do multipl refi's so close together? We refi'd in 2013 from 5.125 down to 3.5 and it was a pain in the arse. There were some fees and it was a lot of wasted time getting paperwork to the new lender.
  My wife and I actually agree on it's "fakeness" but we aren't going to spend upwards of $15k on real or engineered hardwood in a house that we likely aren't going to retire in. Laminate seemed like a good middle of the road choice between carpet and hardwood. Still looking, and thanks for all the opinions.
I also believe the Pathfinder, prior to 2013, was body-on-frame based on the underpinnings of their Frontier truck.
Interesting ideas. We're going to take a look at a few more options next week. The picture I posted is our current leader at the moment, but not necessarily a done deal.
  Hmmmmmm, maybe. I've seen that stuff used in older homes near city centers and I think it looks great, but I just don't know if I could pull it off in this neighborhood. Here's is what we've been looking at, sorta looks different than what I've seen in a lot of homes: 
Anyone have laminate flooring in their house? We really need to rip out the six year old carpet (builder grade stuff that came with the house) as well as some vinyl in the kitchen and replace it all. It wouldn't be worth it to use real or engineering hardwood, as I'd probably never recoup the cost in this area (plus we have two dogs and it scratches easily). So far we've looked at a few different kinds but I don't think any of them have really set my world on fire. We've...
  This is the first year I've run dedicated winters and holy crap do they make a difference. We put studless Blizzaks on our SUV and the difference is incredible. Had snow and ice this morning and I literally couldn't break it loose, never bothered with putting it in 4WD.