or Connect

Posts by ataru

cb_32, I like the dark denim jacket + dark jeans look when they fit perfectly and are part of an overall vintage rock 'n roll/rockabilly style. By dark I don't mean brand new, just dark. The details have to be just right for it to look good... stuff like contrasting tan or brown boots and a bright western shirt or work shirt, selvedge cuffs, cool hair. Even when that looks good though, it can look costumey, so I wouldn't recommend doing it too often. Denim jackets...
Yes, I find the AG shirt to be significantly slimmer, but not enough in my case to size up from my normal medium to an L. The icon seasonal fits slim, the AG very slim. I expect the AG would fit quite well sized up one too. I also ordered an AG western, and I'm hoping that the slimmer AG fit crossed with the typically slimmer fit of a western vs. a work shirt doesn't make it too slim for me. Anyway, nothing but good things to say about recent RRL flannels. RRL...
My favorite denim jacket of all that I've handled is a slim yellow selvedge raw denim Spurr jacket based on the lee 101j. I bought one off of robin last year for a great price. The fit is amazing and the copper buttons are really nice. That said, I'd really love a high quality type I or type II jacket from one of the Japanese repro brands.
The denim jackets of Japanese brands such as Samurai would most likely fit you; they tend to have narrower shoulders than American brand jackets. A guy with broader shoulders can still wear them but then the sleeves often end up too short. Also, from personal experience, the fairly recent non-lvc levi repros of the type 1 jacket have narrow shoulders and a somewhat roomy chest. The only kind of tailoring that I could see working with a denim jacket would be to slim the...
NAMOR, nice. The 2 flannels I recently won on ebay came today. Perfect fit on both of them. One is from the american graffiti collection, the other one possibly the same collection, it's labeled icon seasonal. These recent RRL shirts look better on than you'd guess from the measurements, since the front of the shirt is significantly shorter than the tail, with side gussets. Triple stitching everywhere, cool buttons, contrast black inside placket of one of them,...
Beeswax are probably the most versatile, but sand suede looks great in lots of fits, especially once worn in. Brown suede, while it may seem boring, works well with lots of fits too- looks good with cuffed jeans, for one thing.
fuji, i know they're not moobs, but the tee makes them look like moobs, which isn't so good. il ciclista, cool hair, tee goes well with the rockabilly look.
It seems to me that fuji's top heavy look is a stylistic choice. He is significantly sagging very skinny jeans. It creates the long torso, short skinny legs look, which I believe is what he's going for. Slim instead of skinny jeans sagged less would make him look more proportionate, (in the sense of closer to "ideal" proportions" but the look wouldn't be as youthful, and I think fuji is specifically aiming for a youthful look (especially considering what he was saying...
I feel for you man, but you shouldn't have taken in 44's- they're a jean that should be appreciated for what they are (loose straight), just like some of the other early lvc cuts. Look for 47s or one of the 60s models if you ever want to try lvc again. As for the signature jeans, the cut looks pretty good but the raws didn't even come out until the falll/winter collection IIRC, so it's doubtful that anyone knows much about their fading properties.
The sizing inconsistencies are the most annoying thing about rrl. I think that as long as you don't go back several years, when you figure out your rrl size (which IME is true to size) you can always go with that for the intended fit, but some of those fits are much baggier or much tighter than others, and sometimes you may wish to throw the "intended fit" to the wind (eg. sizing up on the tees) gumercindo, I like those shirts too and actually recently did a buy-it-now...