or Connect

Posts by McDermott

Reminds me of a story my dad tells from his days. My dad was a big soulie back in the day as I have mentioned before, but caught on a little too later to be a skinhead ( born 1956 so 69 wouldve been 13 and remembers well...well he wore the gear but never called himself such) but was wearing monkey boots tonics etc. Coming from keighley he said news spread round quick, so when his mate Tim was the first person to buy a pair of royals in that area all the lads heard...
If anyone is looking for a Cheap Timex styled watch with the NATO strap, then the new timex weekenders worth a look : http://www.timex.co.uk/Category.aspx Dont pay that price for them though - if you look around several sites and ebay you can get them £20-30. A better 'proper' alternative would be the army issue CWC with the nato strap which i think will be next purchase   Talk of the college cardies reminds me of the Dundee gang jumpers again : I imagine going into...
        I dont think dressing for the weather is anything to be ashamed of, although admittedly I only wear shorts on impossibly hot days or generally holiday and abroad : smart cotton style shorts and Sperry topsider deck shoes. usually untucked Madras shirt etc. Deffinately not Skinhead, leaning towards Ivy however.. Sometimes the rules have to be bent a bit.. Smart enough.
We know you've tried       I stumbled across this website the other day...Looks worth a punt. Nice colours http://www.darcyclothing.com/shop/knitwear.html
  Sorry folks...with Will on this one, I think its a original also.
Stapress have never been a option for me. Big thighs. The company i work for did start doing a nice cotton Trouser though, Which made me think to move up a size just take in the waist and seat a bit. Get some creases sewn in and small turn ups and they would be a better substitute for the retro and 'remade' styles brands are doing, like the fore mentioned levis.. They do them in a navy, cream and Ice blue too. Might get  a few pairs.
When it comes to Denim Ive always been crap. 26.5'' thighs but a 34/35 waist wouldnt help...Too much squatting !  That said I bought a pair recently i was very impressed with for the price. The Critera was Dark unwashed raw denim, Selvedge, High rise, a Straight cut and with slightly wider wider legs/bottom eg. No taper then modern 'repro brands.'   I went for these : http://www.freddiesofpinewood.co.uk/product/36-men%27s-1950%27s-jeans   Freddies of Pinewood...
On the subject of americans, lets refer to one of the better dressed men of his time Sir Hardy Aimes       and       That is all.  However, we should not forget that there current lack of dressing is made up for the invention of the Button down shirt among many things, for which they can be forgiven. I think 60's America was cool, although Skinheads would not directly be infulenced by it. like i said before - skinheads have something to do with ivy league style, but Ivy...
  Classic Look with Greens       Im sure they have been posted on before, but some videos of Aus 'Sharpies'. Great example of how a subculture is taken and changed.. Fantastic knitwear IMO. :     [[SPOILER]]       Yes true... I dont mind a bit shorter, but as its been pointed out before the 'Really really tight' fitted look that is expected of  later 60's and 70's is not always the case. I see modern skinheads wearing everything quite fitted, I still prefer a baggier...
    Yes a good spot ! Nearby yourself ? Having a 'Bagel nash', £12.50 a bagel with some filling in it, or whatever ridiculous price it is..on the Lunch break.