or Connect

Posts by McDermott

Work in progress with a friend. Born out of passion but we'll have a crack at it...watch this space. A 3 finger nice rolled shirt that combines the materials of more 60's ivy league with the British styling we are familiar with, 3 button collar, locker loop, box pleat etc. Will take a while to get it all sorted but hopefully should be good. 
 A film/documentry on Ivy league style and its influence as a whole would/should feature JS and would do better and Id watch it.Equally id watch this one if it was more then the same saddos involved, who were at the birth of every culture ever, knew everyone, shopped at every shop going and have amazing memory. Its just like we have discussed about the proposed book on here, id buy it in a heart beat if it was what pubs you drank at, first threads bought, who did you first...
  I saw this a while ago.. The same fucking typical clueless historical social context dickheads, getting in on everything they possibly can to chip in there 2p.I like John simons, but he was a bloke who started a shop selling american style clothes, and it needs to be left at that.
  Look alrite for 40 quid. Agreed re : laces !! nice spot mind...I love AE's, florsheim etc and the brogues discussed on here but some of you lot are mad...never paid over £120 for a pair of shoes or boots in my life, Picked up deadstock ones in box for 30 quid. All about looking around..Re : harringtons, if you dont want a old second hand original one the best route to go is ben nevis, The ben Sherman ones are severely overpriced and everyone will have one. And I like...
Yeah Great news. Just what we need another brand that knows fucking nothing about it to jump on the bandwagon and try make a quick easy buck out of it. I like Edwin jeans btw, but a skinhead cut ? What a straight leg selvedge jean ? Dont make me laugh.  Yeah, this is in a 60's madras style popular with the Ivy league boys. Reminds me a bit of the Bermuda shorts style which started in a patch work like these Then I think the idea expanded to shirts about the same time....
Read up on quite a bit over last hour. Thoughts :   Echo of others re North/South : Surely there was smart dressed lads, bad dressed lads, hard nutcase types and clothing obsessed types. Just because one photo shows it doesnt mean it was all like that. Im sick of this everyone outside of london was a scruffy cnt crap. Im sure there were kids in london who didnt scrub up great either, admittedly the majority would agree that double denim look was more popular more in the...
 Should point out everything I wear there both in terms of silhouette style and wear it is made is 100% Italian. Italian style does not correlate to what those guys are doing. I dont mind Bright tie, shirt pochette etc, but these guys take it too far ? Pochette, scarf to match, a hat in the same shade, some pair of sunglasses to pick up the hue in your tie. Where does it end...thats when the clothes stop being serious.Always dressed like that. Of course if i have a shirt...
With regards to the Pitti umo stuff (we are going a bit off track here, but still) from someone who works with tailoring and has a passion for it, I think these guys are clowns. They treat what they wear as costume..you can wear what you want and experiment with it, have fun with your clothing but a man should look serious. These are the guys who the internet have termed 'I-gents' (a quick google and a look on this forum as well as others will prob give good examples). For...
Im talking about what we commonly call funk  within the  70's (and beyond) distinction not by  strict musical terminology. a quote just straight from Wikipedia :Dave Godin - ''I had started to notice that northern football fans who were in London to follow their team were coming into the store to buy records, but they weren't interested in the latest developments in the black American chart. I devised the name as a shorthand sales term. It was just to say 'if you've got...
 Not all Funk is Off beat as I said ! What Im saying is that NS is broader in terms of definition then a 'motown'esqe sound, or 60's RnB.Dave Godin Invented the term Northern soul In blues and soul magazine as has been mentioned, the term might have been used in America to describe what your saying, i dont know we are not talking about it in that context. What I dont like is your shitty attitude, and the fact your last statement has nothing in conjunction with what we are...