or Connect

Posts by McDermott

Christ, I bet the fella on the right in red braces regrets his days of youthful dressing when he found out he couldn't have kids... 
Think there's something maybe along the lines of the 'market skinhead'. Since this thread has talked about JS, american imported shirts, mtm suits etc what of the knock off brands you wore from surplus shops and the markets ? Did maverick, brutus, lonestar denim be acceptable ? What was the one item you envied or wanted- did you ever get it ? I recall my dad saying how he would skip lunch at school for a whole month to use the lunch money for a pair of staprest. I wonder...
 Would be a nice boot if they didnt use that horrible coated leather...waxy stuff you cant polish on. Erggh ! 
 Going a bit off the path here but.. Looks good, Love a good cutaway collar plain white shirt, and blazer with grey flannels or a light grey trs in summer classic english gent look. Suedehead esq but more toned down. Have mentioned before my love of tailoring, The skinhead mod suedehead thing, its with you for life once you have it always like to see guys who are older but you can spot them a mile off by the way they dress and carry themselves.   Like I say before stuff I...
Proper name is a pop over shirt, another Ivy league thing a bit, done by Brooks etc. Dont mind them but wouldnt wear one myself.
Work in progress with a friend. Born out of passion but we'll have a crack at it...watch this space. A 3 finger nice rolled shirt that combines the materials of more 60's ivy league with the British styling we are familiar with, 3 button collar, locker loop, box pleat etc. Will take a while to get it all sorted but hopefully should be good. 
 A film/documentry on Ivy league style and its influence as a whole would/should feature JS and would do better and Id watch it.Equally id watch this one if it was more then the same saddos involved, who were at the birth of every culture ever, knew everyone, shopped at every shop going and have amazing memory. Its just like we have discussed about the proposed book on here, id buy it in a heart beat if it was what pubs you drank at, first threads bought, who did you first...
  I saw this a while ago.. The same fucking typical clueless historical social context dickheads, getting in on everything they possibly can to chip in there 2p.I like John simons, but he was a bloke who started a shop selling american style clothes, and it needs to be left at that.
  Look alrite for 40 quid. Agreed re : laces !! nice spot mind...I love AE's, florsheim etc and the brogues discussed on here but some of you lot are mad...never paid over £120 for a pair of shoes or boots in my life, Picked up deadstock ones in box for 30 quid. All about looking around..Re : harringtons, if you dont want a old second hand original one the best route to go is ben nevis, The ben Sherman ones are severely overpriced and everyone will have one. And I like...
Yeah Great news. Just what we need another brand that knows fucking nothing about it to jump on the bandwagon and try make a quick easy buck out of it. I like Edwin jeans btw, but a skinhead cut ? What a straight leg selvedge jean ? Dont make me laugh.  Yeah, this is in a 60's madras style popular with the Ivy league boys. Reminds me a bit of the Bermuda shorts style which started in a patch work like these Then I think the idea expanded to shirts about the same time....