or Connect

Posts by ebayhtl

Hi guys, Selling a pair of Mr Hare Genet II black tassel loafers. Further details are available here - http://www.mrhare.com/genet-two-black.html - and below. I bought them from East Dane a few weeks ago. They are brand new in box, I've never worn them. Turns out UK10 is a better size for me so I bought that instead. Stunning shoes - that's why I bought a pair in the right size! Trying to get back what I paid for it - so USD380 + shipping (should be about USD30 to USA...
Bought a Burberry London deep purple/plum slim fit corduroy blazer - IT46. Forgot to return them and so Mr Porter has offered to give me credit for them. I thought I would see if anyone wants to pay cash for them before I send it back for credit next week. Brand new with tags, looks great - just a bit long for me. Price is OBO and includes standard international registered post airmail from HK Post. Happy to offer an appropriate discount for multiple items or for Hong...
Bought a fair few JCREW Ludlow suits and tuxedos when Mr Porter was 50% off; forgot to return them and so Mr Porter has offered to give me credit for them. I thought I would see if anyone wants to pay cash for them before I send it back for credit next week. All brand new with tags. They don't work for me for one reason or another. All prices are OBO and includes standard international registered post airmail from HK Post. Happy to offer an appropriate discount for...
You got an extra 10%? Was that a USA-specific offer? Hong Kong didn't get offered that (we got offered free shipping this past weekend).
Hi guys, Selling a pair of Mr Hare Genet II black tassel loafers. Further details are available here - http://www.mrhare.com/genet-two-black.html - and below. I bought them from East Dane a few weeks ago. They are brand new in box, I've never worn them. Turns out UK10 is a better size for me so I bought that instead. Stunning shoes - that's why I bought a pair in the right size! Trying to get back what I paid for it - so USD380 + shipping (should be about USD30 to USA...
Matches occasionally will do an extra 20% off on sale items for a few days. It's random though, I shop there regularly and don't think they've done it for all recent seasons, just some - so I suspect it has something to do with how they are doing with stock that particular season.If it's something you really want, you should get it - I don't think they do re-stocks and I don't think their website tells you when there's low stock or one item left (like Mr Porter).
Hi guys, Might as well get this one in too - do you think any adjustments in terms of taking in the waist/chest need to be done to this jacket? This one is not as obvious a candidate as the above double breasted blazer because it is almost there (already took in the sleeves), it's just one size big (38 instead of the usual 36). Many thanks!
Hi guys, another question: I was hoping for some feedback about how you think this double breasted OTR suit blazer fits on me, and what alterations I need to make. It's full canvas if that makes a difference. Principally, am thinking how much of the waist/chest I need to take in - I know double breasted blazers don't look good unless they have a more dramatic silhouette. I know that the sleeves will need to be adjusted both in width and in length. I'm also still thinking...
I am sure I know the answer to this, but just in case: I want to buy a particular suit - jacket and pants are sold separate. The jacket fits perfect as available in my size. I usually wear 31 inch waist pants; the smallest they have is 36. Is it possible/advisable to attempt such alteration regardless of how good my tailor is? Or just a total waste of money? Thanks!
Totally off-topic - but LAGuy / Fok - I just saw that you did an AMA on Reddit a few days ago (http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/29r3ow/ama_styleforum_coowner_administrator_and_manager/) - great stuff, enjoyed reading your knowledge and would have participated if I knew it was happening! (Obviously my Styleforum browsing is limited so I wanted to drop a note here). Do it again some time!