or Connect

Posts by OldManMachine

Just ordered a Filson 257 in brown from Joe's Sporting Good, 20% off. Pretty sweet deal! This will be my first Filson and is going to be used as my everyday work commuting bag.
  Thanks clarksdb. Those navy flannels look real good, might have to get myself a pair. I just can't decide to whether get them in size 30 and let them out at the waist or just get a size 32 which will fit me and give a bit more room, but wear it with a belt. Just out of curiosity, what is your height and which size did you end up going with?   Did you get the same size in the classic and super 120's, how do do you like the classic vs the super 120's?
  I like the look and fit of those pants on you clarksdb. Did you have the tailor taper / alter the width or are they only hemmed? Which HY flannel pants are those?
My brand new pair of black Rutledge. I love them, the leather is real soft and supple. By the way, are these new boxes and shoe bags that AE gives now? The box seems a lot nicer and sturdier. However the bag no longer has that burgundy fleece fabric.      
      Thank you guys for your response and suggestion. Since the store does not carry the Vernon in 8D, do you guys know if an AE sales rep would be willing to order and bring it in so I can try it with the possibility of not buying?
I kind of have a difficult situation that I hope the AE vets here can help me figure out.   - I used AE's online self sizing measurement and measured myself as a size 8.5D. I then went and placed an order on the Vernons 8-108 last in 8.5D   - Before the Vernons were delivered to me, I decided to make a trip to the closest AE store (30 miles away) and tried on the Rutledge 3-333 last and the staff sized me for a size 8D which fit me fine so I made the purchase....
I just recently brought in some shirts and trousers to a local tailor in Los Angeles for alternations and was wondering what the average pricing is or what people who live in the area normally pay.   - Shortening shirt sleeves: $25 per shirt - Trouser hem: $13 per trouser - Trouser width / taper adjustment from thigh to ankle: $40 per trouser   Do those pricing seem about right? I don't really have much to compare against besides $6 hemming on jeans from...
So I've been waiting 3-4 weeks for my brand new Vernons to arrive from AE. After a long anticipation, today was the day I was suppose to expect delivery from FedEx. However, my tracking says "delivered: left at front porch, no signature required", but I was sitting near my door all day long and even checked my security camera footage. There was no FedEx driver present on my property..... I wish AE would have requested a signature confirmation for their...
I'd wish those smaller sized benchgrade shoes would be available already... I'd snatch them up in a heart beat. Size 8!!!
  Sorry, I just realized that the way I worded the title was pretty awkward and confusing. I actually don't wear a suit jacket for business casual attire. My fault for the confusion.