or Connect

Posts by Herr Brun

I just got a pair of RM Williams boots in black leather. The finish is quite different from my calf shoes, it's chrome tanned, right? How do I care for them? What differs from my normal calf routine? (where I follow the guide from the hanger project). 
I got two pairs of meermins this week (my third and fourth pair),  dark brown quarter brogues on the olfe last and tan country calf longwings on the rui last. I was afraid the sizing would be off on the olfe last, but it seems to work out fine. They are both UK11, and the rui is a bit spacy, but not so much that it's a problem.    But there is another problem: they sent me the wrong shoe trees. They are marked 46/47, whereas my older ones are marked 44/45. They barely...
Thanks for the tip on law firms with discounts, but the internships are here in Norway.   I think suitsupply's options are a bit on the slimmer side. I'm not a very slim guy... But I'll stop by and look.   CT and TMLs suits are 100% wool, not polyester blends? The quality on the standard line is acceptable? I plan on keeping the suits for a couple of years at least. How much time do they need at CT to do alterations in-house? Alterations are expensive here (as...
It's a law firm, and I'm required to wear a suit. They're quite conservative. I 'm obviously not going full bespoke, but I don't see a reason for buying a cheap ill-fitting polyester suit just to not give the wrong impression. Nothing flashy, no MOP cufflinks or expensive watches. I'm getting the Norwegian norm, but it's overly expensive over here. I will be working long days so I need something comfortable. My experience with cheap suits is that they are uncomfortable, so...
Hi! I need a professional wardrobe for a couple of  internships starting next spring. I'm considering going to London to pick up what I need, since the prices here in Norway are quite awful and there is no tradition for quality menswear. I will only be there for a day or two, so my only real choice is OTR. I guess that's the sane choice with my budget anyway.    I'm looking for two suits (I guess/hope rotating two suits will be okay, at least for a limited time. The...
The photo of them upside down will have to wait, but the darker photo is MUCH closer to the actual color. And even that one looks a bit on the light side. The color is quite dark.    The shape was not quite what I expected, they are a bit less round than I thought. They are sleeker before the toes start, and a bit wider in the toe box. If you understand what I mean. 
I spent 355€ including shoe trees and shipping, excluded VAT. I'll probably have to pay Norwegian VAT as well, bringing the total up above 400€. Well worth it in my opinion.    The process took forever, I ordered at a real bad time, just a couple of weeks after they launched the web shop functionality, and just before christmas. They were out of stock. Took exactly two months between placing the order and getting the shoes at my door.    Ordering was really easy,...
Finally (!) got my meermins today! They are so beautiful! Dark brown DM on the hiro and snuff suede chukkas on the rui, both classic line. Both in the same size. The DMs fit perfectly, the chukkas a bit roomy but not too much. Not sending them back, but might try extra insoles. Might try 10.5UK (these are 11UK) if I order a pair of those gorgeous LWBs.         
No, it's lower. Swedish VAT is 25%, Spanish VAT is 21%. Thus Swedish VAT is 20% of the total price, and Spanish VAT is about 17,3% of the total price. 
Do you have pictures of the soles?