or Connect

Posts by DonRaphael

Selling a L.B.M. 1911 sport coat. Brooks Brothers offered a similar sport coat last season and it sold out immediately upon release. This jacket has been used less than 10x and is in excellent condition. Brand: L.B.M. 1911.Size: 42R.Fabric: 80/20 wool/polyamide, but feels and looks 100 % like wool. The polyamide has been added for durability reasons.Color: Please see pictures.Features: Natural shoulders, 2 button front, dual vent. Measurements:Chest: 22,0".Length (BOC):...
Selling a staple NWOT Canali Kei sport coat. The jacket is unworn. Brand: Canali.Model: Kei Collection.Size: 42R.Fabric: 100 % wool.Color: Navy gingham check.Features: Unconstructed, unlined, 2 button front, 2 patch pockets, dual vent. Measurements:Chest: 22".Length (BOC): 30,5".Sleeve: 25,5".Shoulder: 19,25". Price is $350 $325 + $30 world wide tracked and insured shipping.
I've checked the Luxire website, and these are the two white Royal Oxford fabrics that they're offering (one was suggested earlier): 1. http://luxire.com/products/lelan-cotton-royal-white-oxford-ss_rz_5396 2. http://luxire.com/products/grandi_sky_roy_b_14937_00031_fine_white_royal_oxford_200-2   Is the second shirt worth paying approximately $100 more for?   EDIT: I ordered the G&R fabric. Thank you for your help, gentlemen. I really appreciate it as the shirt is for...
 That's a great suggestion, thank you.The most important to me is the transparency issue, I do not, under any circumstances, want the fabric to be transparent. When you say sheen regarding royal oxford, is it obvious or is it subtle? The sheen is the reason I'm staying away from sharkskin fabrics for example (or maybe I've just seen bad examples of sharkskin in the past).  I honestly didn't have a clue it was two different fabrics, just thought 'royal' implied it was a...
Thank you foror i.e. input. I've always thought that Oxford fabric wasn't formal enough (for this kind of rig). Am I wrong? Do you have a link to what fabric on the Luxire website you had in mind? Thanks again, I appreciate it.
I require your help, gentlemen. I'm about to place an order with Luxire for a white shirt. It will be worn with a midnight blue classic Corneliani suit and black bow tie. I'd like a shirt fabric that isn't transparent, wears cool and looks luxurious. I've found the following fabrics, but since I'm not familiar with the different definitions, I'm in no position to decide which is best for such an occassion. Here are the fabrics: 1. Albini Plain White:...
I require your help, gentlemen. I'm about to place an order with Luxire for a white shirt. It will be worn with a midnight blue classic Corneliani suit and black bow tie. I'd like a shirt fabric that isn't transparent, wears cool and looks luxurious. I've found the following fabrics, but since I'm not familiar with the different definitions, I'm in no position to decide which is best for such an occassion. Here are the fabrics:   1. Albini Plain...
Thanks for the advice. I'm running short on time as I will need it soon and Luxire has promised to speed up the process.But I'll definitely look those books up for future acquisitions. Anyone else that wants to chime in on the subject?
I'd appreciate your advise, gentlemen. I'm looking for a luxurious/expensive looking white shirt fabric that isn't see-through/transparent and breathes well. It's going to be worn in September. It will feature a tuxedo collar and will be worn with a classic MTM Corneliani midnight blue/dark navy S180 wool suit and a bow tie for a wedding. So I guess it doesn't have to be a tuxedo shirt fabric since it's going to be worn with a suit, but what do I know. I intend to purchase...
I'd appreciate your recommendations, gentlemen. I'm looking for a luxurious/expensive looking white shirt fabric that isn't see-through/transparent and breathes well during warmer months. It's going to feature a tuxedo collar and will be worn with a classic midnight blue/dark navy S180 wool suit and a bow tie. Thus, it doesn't have to be a tuxedo shirt fabric per se. Which of the fabrics that Luxire is offering would you recommend given my preferences?