or Connect

Posts by DonRaphael

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. I'm undecided between the green striped that Vanda and ET offers. I may prefer the design of Vanda, but I think their ties are way to light for my taste. On the other hand, if I end up acquiring the navy one also (ET), I might just get the green from Vanda for variation's sake. Would appreciate a comparison, nontheless.
@VictorSFreturn killed that tie twice in WAYWRN recently. 1. http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iv-starting-may-2014/21090#post_79129832. http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iv-starting-may-2014/20625#post_7886831 EDIT: Anyone have experience with both Vanda and Exquisite Trimmings' house brand? Is the latter's ties as light as Vanda's or are they more substantial?
For sale are NWOT ties from Marinella and Cappelli. Will offer discount if you purchase multiple ties.   1. Marinella, 3-fold, 100 % silk Width: 3,75" Length: 59" Price: $85   2. Cappelli, 3-fold, 100 % silk Width: 3,75" Length: 58,5" Price: $75   3. Cappelli, 3-fold, 100 % wool Width: 3,75" Length: 58,5" Price: $75   Add shipping cost and PayPal fee to the price. Ask for shipping quotes.
And that, sir, is why you don't have any money (I'm no better).
Comparing the same sizes, Roma is roomier overall. As for the jackets' button stance, it's about the same I would say. Maybe a hair lower on Roma because all the Roma jackets that I've seen are longer (BOC) than the Milano jackets. But noting that you'd notice. I can't fit into a 40R Milano, but do fit into a 40R Roma. As for the rise, it's considerably higher. You'll definitely notice the difference when wearing the trousers.
Also, they feature a high rise. About 1-1,5" higher than the Zegna Milano you owned. Judging by your taste and style, Roma wouldn't be your cup of tea.
I own that one also, but from Cappelli. I like them both. But I'm thinking of letting my Cappelli go since it's 3,75" wide. I've come to prefer 3,5". If I end up selling it (let me know if you'd be interested @GuP) I'll replace it with one that's 3,5". Roma is a completely another animal. Roomier. Features pleated pants. Wider lapels. More structured shoulders (roped). I prefer Roma to Milano stylistically.
PM sent.
Herr is the green Conrad Wu tie that was discussed earlier.
I'm a size UK7,5 Rain and UK8 Simpson. But as you can see in my signature, if Rain fits you well, most probably Simpson wont. Sizing up/down will affect both length and width.