or Connect

Posts by daxman

This is a black camelskin  sized 10 1/2  D.
Several times in the past I have posted here about the correct way to interpret sizes and widths. Unfortunately , the fact that I spent nearly 40 years in the shoe business and the vast amount of that as a Dack Shoes manager, has been over-ridden by someone who purports to know men's fittings but hasn't got any real idea at all.Finally, isn't there anyone else out there, who has a substantial background in the business, who the guys might be willing to listen to ?? Daxman.
Your pair with     # s starting 2003 were 111/2 D ( medium width) and the others were 101/2 F ( extra wide or EE ). This second pair would be slightly wider by about 1/16 inch --if all other properties are equal. Different leather or last or length of wear --are all variables. In general, softer leather feels roomier and more comfortable per size .May I suggest , be wary of shorter , wider sizes. Try 11E if it is available. Daxman.
This was one of the classic Dacks. It was a double soled brogue with a U wing. Very unique. A shoe like this sometimes lasted the customer for decades, if they were properly rebuilt by us when needed. Interesting note : the original leather was known as " scotch grain " and came from the Albion leatherworks factory , in Scotland. Daxman.
These are Brown Kudu Antelope, with the one piece upper . The size is 8 1/2 F or double E .
After Dacks purchased the Hartt Factory (in 1957) they continued to use the Hartt name for the wholesale end of the Dack business. The same shoe line was marketed in Dack Stores under their name but the same styles going to all other accounts --independent shoe stores and Department stores -- were marked with the Hartt sockliner and boxes.
As a point of information , the East Coast Dack factory was located in Fredricton, New Brunswick. The old factory , opened about 1900 , was the Hartt Shoe facility which Dacks purchased in 1957.  About the Dufferin , this was a Canadian made Dack on their own last and anything made later out of England / Cheaney  was with their last. These had a totally different numbering system and were usually available only in F width ( that extra wide size that some of the posters...
In fact, rhino was only ever a few pair made out of a very small batch of leather and the sealskin production ended many years  before the company folded. These were clearly not deciding factors. It was much more about a lack of vision and foresight  at  the highest levels. Daxman.
Well-----this a golf shoe made of Corfam-- a synthetic , not leather. The idea was that it would deal with dampness much better than the traditional leather shoe. I .haven't seen one in decades.Dack's tried these in the 70's and gave up on them because they would break open at the inseam --in the welt area --and could not be satisfactorally restitched . This spelled the end of that program . Beautiful style in beautiful colour combinations , but a shoe that would not...
From what I can see this is a very unusual style for a Dack. The numbers I referred to are for style, size , last , and lot # / date. This should be 2 lines of numbers and easily readable if you can get a pic of the inside as well. If all there is, is "29", then it cannot be an actual Dack shoe. Maybe someone glued in a Dack sockliner. Again that style is not typical for their golf shoes. Daxman.