or Connect

Posts by Dwarfer

Give the man a break - you have to at least respect the man for his persistence and passion for his business. You can offer him suggestion, and can leave his offer, but calling him used car salesman and implying that the doesn't have a DSLR is disrespectful. 
Simon at Elite - I have a few comments:- website, yup, won't say anymore- and yes much less words, and potentially...- (my contribution) more pictures! why don't you start posting pictures of garments you have delivered to customers...it will probably gives us something else to look at other than the website...most SF poster will be able to tell whether that's what they are after by looking at real pics of suits you have delivered...My $0.02..
Yes - I certainly am not some defender or guardian of the Chinese manufacturing industry just making a small point.Moving on...
Forgive me for saying this - but to generalize 'Chinese made suits' not having 'smooth enough waist suppression' is just like saying 'Indian only eat curry' or other similar, somewhat crude generalization.Just like any other countries, factories in china are capable of making good and bad suits, simple as that. Different factories will have different capabilities and aim to service different market segments. This has been well documented by members such as Jefferyd who is...
Recommend you to do a test shirt first, get the fit right (that should take 1-2 days) then if that's ok you can order away 4-5 shirts won't matter it can all be done in another 1-2 days.That's what I did with the guys at Mytailor.
Ascot Chang obviously has a great reputation, but for a more economical choice I recommend Mytailor (hemranjani brothers). Good quality that won't cause an arm or a leg.
For all those thinking about ordering from suit supply - word of warning. They have posted some measurements on the Internet for each model but they are NOT ACCURATE. In fact very far off. I order two size 36 and returned them both - they were cut very long and even the shoulder measurements was not as per posted. I am not saying don't buy from them (they were nice jackets) but if you are buying it for an occasion (ie wedding then factor in at least one round of exchange...
  To me - this really depends on whether you body fits the typical sizing in Australia. For me - I do not.    For years I've been restricted to Calibre slim fitting suits - and whilst size 36 fits me on the shoulder/chest (most cases), I will have to shorten the sleeve and hem. So I don't buy them at full price only at sale.    Recently I have been bulking up at the gym, so the size 36 doesn't even fit me anymore. Luckily these days I earn a bit more so I have been...
I have had shirts made from lee baron, jantzen, cotton works & Mytailor.Mytailor was the most expensive, but personally it seems to have the best construction and feels quite sturdy, whereas the cotton works and lee baron shirts doesn't feel quite as nice as ones from Mytailor. Would recommend you give them a go...
Thanks for the reply. Your suit really looks great.I am by no means an expert, and i know someone else will correct me, but shirt shoulder refers to the method that the sleeve is attached to the shoulder on your jacket. In traditional tailoring the shoulder is typically Pressed "open" (or closed, in the case of a rope shoulder), creating quite a formal and structured look. The shirt shoulder jacket essentially uses the same technique as that in shit making where the sleeve...