or Connect

Posts by db78

If you're asking do I work in HR in an investment bank, no I don't. I work in the front office and yes I do recruit / interview people for IB positions. I agree if you have literally nothing else related to finance or accounting, CFA says "hey I'm actually interested in finance." But realistically how long does it take for you to study and pass CFA level 1? Let alone level 2? The amount of time you spent studying for the CFA, you could be learning valuations, lbos,...
  That's actually not correct at all. CFA does next to nothing for your application. Unless you literally have nothing finance or accounting related, which in that case a CFA isn't going to get you the job anyway.   http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/cfa-investment-banking/
1. If you're in audit, 95% of the time you'll be traveling, but typically within driving distance of your office. Almost the entire audit process is done onsite at the client's offices, especially when you're a first or second year. That said, there can be times when you're staying in a hotel. I was probably in a hotel 30% of the time in my first year. Mind you it wasn't anywhere glamorous. More likely it's kind of a small place without a close Big 4 office nearby,...
I see your point but feel it's honestly marginally better even so. In certain markets GT / BDO may have a really strong presence, but overall they're still far behind Big 4 and tend to get clumped together with everyone else. It's not so much there isn't an actual difference, it's more people tend to just think Big 4 and then everyone else. Hell even KPMG gets jocked on by PwC and DT...although KPMG did quite well this year.By the way in no way am I saying you can't be...
Most importantly, call up your contacts at Deloitte and McGladrey and tell them you have an exploding offer from a competitor, and request to do in house interviews earlier if possible. Even if they can't make it work, at least they know you're highly sought after. I've been through both sides of the recruiting process, firms salivate at candidates that have been reaffirmed by other firms. Learn to leverage up. For what it's worth, if I felt like I had a good shot at...
Hi, this is my first time posting on the forum though I've been lurking for some time. I was hoping to get some help regarding my recent (and also first) AE purchase(s). I bought the 5th Aves in Walnut and the Park Aves in Walnut Cloud during the recent sale, but only intend on keeping one of the pairs for now. Had a couple of questions though:   1. As far as fit is concerned, I'm torn between 9.5D and 9.0D. The 9.5D fit quite nicely out the box. The heels are...