or Connect

Posts by Soylent Green

For all you Alden cordovan chukka owners (Barrie last), during the break in period, could any of you feel the stitches on the outside of your feet (midfoot) during the break in?  I have two pair and they both rub my foot in the same place.  I don't think it's a width issue, but a protruding stitch, and it's been my assumption that it would wear off after a while.  Just curious about others' experience.    Relatedly, do any of you wear a barrie lasted chukka in a...
IceBreaker is great, but don't forget about Ibex.  Love Smartwool, too, but the quality seems to be down the last few years.    I, too, will only wear wool underwear. Why o why aren't there more wool dress socks and tshirt options?!
I'm looking at a few Saks branded suits that the sales associate tells me are Isaia. He says it's a new arrangement between Saks and Isaia and when the suits come up in his computer system they actually say "Isaia". I was looking for confirmation on this, maybe someone can confirm.  This was about three weeks ago, Boston store.    Great looking suits, too, I should say. About $1,000. 
Someone said that there's a way to search the New York Alden Store inventory online.  For the life of me I can't find this, could someone post a link?
I don't like cotton as a material for underwear (including tshirts or socks).  I prefer the wicking and odor control of wool, so I've been slowly converting all of these items to Icebreaker, Ibex, or Smartwool.  Some might find these itchy, but I don't. For instance, I bought my father a Smartwool baselayer a few years ago and he hated it compared to Patagonia capilene.  He found the wool itchy.    Anyway, some good ideas have been thrown out there on this thread,...
Interested, I just have a few other things that are a priority at the moment. This is one of my favorite Allen Edmonds.
"Black Allen Edmonds Park Avenues. Seems like everyone has a pair/recommends a pair. The best thing that can be said is that they are not ugly and are perfect for funerals."   Wow, I couldn't agree more.  Thought I was the only one who thought this . . .
blue blazer with gold buttons (reminds me of middle school days) black shoes crew neck sweaters shorts (unless I'm in the gym, working out, or at a beach) pocket squares    
This food guide is amazing: http://www.amazon.com/Food-Sake-Tokyo-Terroir-Guides/dp/189214574X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327690916&sr=8-1   Also, if you're into watches, go to a department store and look at some Grand Seikos.  They are terrific watches, and they are not readily available outside of Japan/Asia.  Someday I would love to own one: http://www.ablogtoread.com/seiko-luxury-watches/  
So I just bought my first pair of real trousers - a pair of super 130 Incotex from Barneys.  So what should I do?  I guess bring it back and have them try alterations one more time?  Just take them to a different tailor?  BTW, the hemming/crotch taken in cost $30 for these at Barneys.  Is that a good deal?  This is my index finger sticking through the hole from the inside.  Wonder what happened here . . .