or Connect

Posts by Jorgeezy

You look just like my economics teacher - it's kinda scary!
Sucks man!   That's amazing, surely you stand a very good chance with A's at university level? I bet most transfers are because people UNDERperformed!   Yeah I am pretty excited about Bath, but I think I would have to choose LSE over it! Not a massive upset if I don't get a place though :)
Although I wasn't around at the time, welcome back!    *insert shit about cars here*
The cost has never really been one of the significant factors in my choice anyway, it's not a big deal when you're talking about the rest of your life, right?   So many of my peers don't understand how the new (or old) system works and I know some very capable people are going to live at home and go to a uni that is below them just because of "costs" 
Oh, I know. I don't live too far from Birmingham and it really doesn't phase me    If I don't get the A* in A2 Maths I have to go to Nottingham anyway as it will be my insurance aha!
Thanks man, I appreciate everyone's genuine concern and thought put into their posts.   Can't wait to get my tie in the post too!
If I got a UCL offer I would probably ask to be switched to math with econ there too anyway.   So basically, doing maths won't put me at a distinct disadvantage when applying to brokerage firms compared to economics?   I probably won't stay with maths my whole life anyway, literally get my first job then just be addicted to work :')
Everyone in the real world told me that I should stick with maths and that employers will appreciate that a maths degree teaches you to think blah blah.   FOK.   Ah well, at least if I did make the LSE offer it would be Math with Econ xD
Very well put.   Well I do want to work for a brokerage firm and I figured a maths degree would teach me to think and I could get hired. Though, I know it isn't just that easy and have made a pretty decent contact who can get me the experience.   That being said, my application to uni has already been made, but I could quite possibly change my degree to a joint degree involving Mathematics if I have been accepted for Mathematics I think.   Out of interest, where and what...
Well I enjoy it, and I am good at it, so I don't see why I wouldn't want to do it at degree level. I think it puts me with a good chance of an IB too. Why are you so opposed?