or Connect

Posts by Jorgeezy

The Road to Reality by Roger Penrose   I would suggest it to anyone who has the patience to read so many pages at a time and a slow pace to fully absorb the information as it brings with it a massive understanding of the universe, mathematically and physically :)
Have you read Liars Poker? I loved that book! I am tempted to buy Moneyball after seeing the film :D
I'm British.   I know Imperial is rated for Physics and Maths but I think UCL is pretty boss for Maths nowadays too. (And if you weren't talking about Imperial I am stumped)   Yeah, Nottingham is a back up (It would be foolish to apply to all Uni's asking for A*'s and A's) but nonetheless it is regarded as around 10th for Maths in a few tables for the UK and has some pretty decent links to employers. Where are you from?
Bath (which I will firm, given rejections from the London Uni's) and Nottingham (as my insurance choice, but I doubt I will mess up my exams)   I am really fond of the campus at Bath and the head lecturer of Mathematics is Geoff Smith MBE who chairs the British Mathematical Olympiad, so I won't be massively disheartened if I have to firm there instead.   I have also applied to UCL, which I believe is highly rated for its research and could lead to a masters in...
Thanks guys. That pretty much answers it :) Yeah, getting the offer and actually making the offer is the next step haha, I already have some from other Uni's but LSE is the dream!
Does my account have to be upgraded before I can start a post in the marketplace?   (I wanted to put up a post for a few things I was wanting to buy)
Looks like I am going to have to get new trousers (or perhaps a 3-piece)... an expensive game this is!   Will probably check on here for some Thurston's every now and then :D
Since a lot of the users here are based in the US I thought it would be a good place to ask...   Do people in the US recognise LSE as much as Oxbridge? I am hoping to study there starting September (I should hear from them any time in the next 3 months) and was just curious.   Jorge
  Bro he isn't getting a jacket at all! OP, sucks.
  Scored a girl wearing wet look ones last week, they are so hot! #winning