or Connect

Posts by ejomby

Model 6275 in the 1985 catalog shows up as Polished Cobbler, aka corrected grain.
"Challenged to rework our classic wingtips, our designers decided to have their way with the design and truly push the boundaries of fashion and function."  Push the boundaries or cross them?  I guess they're just having some fun.  Kind of a variation on their Neumoks.     The browns are passable, but not a fan of the mini-lug sole.
I went through the exact same thing, and finally returned my player's yesterday.  I had the walnut player's in 12D and they were too long and narrow on my right foot.  The salesguy at Nordstrom's suggested I try to wear them in.  So I gave it a shot for a couple of weeks, but they still felt uncomfortable-- heel slipping and pinching the toes.  I was going to try and trade them in for an 11.5E, but they apparently don't make that size for these shoes.  Luckily,...
  Yeah, pebbled leather and the lug sole aren't exactly my cup of tea either.  But to each his own.  It is in the 2 last, which is one of the more slender and least clunky ones.    
  Yeah, pebbled leather and the lug sole aren't exactly my cup of tea either.  But to each his own.  It is in the 2 last, which is one of the more slender and least clunky ones.    
I got the Walnut Player's during Nordstrom's sale.  Absolutely love 'em.  That executive 2 last is more long and narrow, but they're a great dressed up casual shoe.  I've already had tons of compliments on them.  Next on my order is some black Mctavishs seconds.  Will get them on Monday-- can't wait.  I think I'm trying to experiment with the wingtip in its casual setting.  I'm not sure what laces they ship with though.  Allenedmonds.com shows them with black dress...
Those PAs are fairly formal shoes, and the brown blucher you have still seems a little on the formal side, even though it's a blucher.  I think a nice walnut blucher wingtip or longwing would round out your wardrobe well-- a Lombard or a MacNeil.