or Connect

Posts by joiji

I've had my own experiences with Vass shoes' finishing, things like pinking not laying flat, small lasting defects, and awl divots (not cuts or scratches, just depressed leather) from where the sole is stitched on, but it honestly doesn't bother me because they can all be removed with care, or have no impact on the comfort of the shoes. In exchange, I get a shoe which has lasts which fit my feet well, decent quality leather, MTO options, hand welting, priced not much more...
I'm sure chogall can shed some more light on his comment, but Vass finishing does leave a lot to be desired from what I understand?
 I will echo this, I can't remember there being any difference between many types of calf leather due to origin, I suspect it is purely taking note of the origin of the leather or tannery location.
 Sorry ovlov I missed it too, what would you like to know?
 I am a great fan of Equus but would caution you if you are not willing to wear a belt which will crease quite a bit. Bridle leather tends to wrinkle more than calf etc, which isn't a problem, but it's a decidedly less formal look.
Okay, hopefully this helps some people in regards to the leather colors. These are mine, with a shot straight out of the camera. Colours are fairly true to life, but I'd welcome Charlie to weigh in and say how close he thinks they are.   Top to bottom: Black, Dark Havana, Aus-Nut, Burgundy, Aus-Nut (Bakers, Chocolate suede. They're all 1.25 or 1.5 inch, with satin stainless buckles, and I'm very pleased with them. Must admit, if I were to order again I may stick entirely...
NOBD, how much in the way of pattern refinement have you done? Those shirts seem to fit you very well, just wondering if its the standard luxire pattern with your measurements or you've had them change things?
 Overcast as anything today, will try again tomorrow.
I've heard every couple of months to half a year. Depends how often you wear them and the conditions, really.
 Might be worth emailing Betty and seeing if they're making this boot in burgundy? http://www.shop.carminashoemaker.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=4582226 I know there's some other companies making shell boots, Trickers, Meermin, Septieme Largeur, if that helps.